|K.J. McDaniels vs Wiggins breakdown|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:11 PM||
K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile went head to head on Monday with this past year's #1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
McDaniels had to guard Wiggins for most of the game and held Wiggins to just 5 points while K.J was guarding him (Wiggins had 10 overall) in 20 minutes of play. McDaniels finished the exhibition contest with 7 points with 2-4 from the field.
After the game, assistant 76er's coach had the following to say about McDaniels' defense to Sixers.com writer Max Rappaport. “It’s what we want to see, and it’s one of the main reasons he was drafted where he was drafted and why he was considered such a prospect,” said Iske. “His athleticism on that wing, and his ability to be a defender and a shotblocker is something we’re excited about, so we wanted to throw him out there on the #1-overall pick, and a very talented kid, and see how he answered that bell.”
ICYMI: Here is a cool video of K.J. McDaniels preparing for last month's NBA draft.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson