|K.J. McDaniels vs Wiggins breakdown|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-07-16 13:11:54.0-||
Former Clemson standout K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile went head to head on Monday with this past year's #1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
McDaniels had to guard Wiggins for most of the game and held Wiggins to just 5 points while K.J was guarding him (Wiggins had 10 overall) in 20 minutes of play. McDaniels finished the exhibition contest with 7 points with 2-4 from the field.
After the game, assistant 76er's coach had the following to say about McDaniels' defense to Sixers.com writer Max Rappaport. “It’s what we want to see, and it’s one of the main reasons he was drafted where he was drafted and why he was considered such a prospect,” said Iske. “His athleticism on that wing, and his ability to be a defender and a shotblocker is something we’re excited about, so we wanted to throw him out there on the #1-overall pick, and a very talented kid, and see how he answered that bell.”
ICYMI: Here is a cool video of K.J. McDaniels preparing for last month's NBA draft.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny
- Tigers even series with UVA
- WATCH: Hopper hopes to make it to the NFL