|K.J. McDaniels vs Wiggins breakdown|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:11 PM-||
Former Clemson standout K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile went head to head on Monday with this past year's #1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
McDaniels had to guard Wiggins for most of the game and held Wiggins to just 5 points while K.J was guarding him (Wiggins had 10 overall) in 20 minutes of play. McDaniels finished the exhibition contest with 7 points with 2-4 from the field.
After the game, assistant 76er's coach had the following to say about McDaniels' defense to Sixers.com writer Max Rappaport. “It’s what we want to see, and it’s one of the main reasons he was drafted where he was drafted and why he was considered such a prospect,” said Iske. “His athleticism on that wing, and his ability to be a defender and a shotblocker is something we’re excited about, so we wanted to throw him out there on the #1-overall pick, and a very talented kid, and see how he answered that bell.”
ICYMI: Here is a cool video of K.J. McDaniels preparing for last month's NBA draft.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots
- Clemson and Ga. Tech game one suspended
- WATCH: Lawson gets a call from Shaquille O'Neal
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks