|Grady Jarrett leaves HS legacy|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:47 AM||
"A stellar high school career will come to an end this weekend in Jefferson. Grady JarrettGrady Jarrett
# 6-2, 282
View Full Profile, Rockdale’s three-sport star, will compete in the shot put at the Class AAAA state track and field championships at Jefferson High School, completing a remarkable, two-year run. The Georgia Olympics begin Weds and will continue through Saturday."
"Jarrett has etched his name in headlines in all three seasons, beginning with the 2009 football season. That year, he helped the Bulldogs reach the state semifinals for the first time in school history and made the all-state team as a defensive lineman. In the winter, Jarrett was one of two Bulldogs to place at the state traditional wrestling tournament, finishing fourth in the 285-pound weight class."
"And as a senior, Jarrett has taken excellence to another level. After another all-state season at nose guard, Jarrett signed a football letter of intent with Clemson, then won the Class AAAA state wrestling title at 285. Jarrett will now take his Region 8-AAAA championship in the shot put and attempt to cap one of the greatest careers in school history with a state track and field crown."
"Grady is irreplaceable — you don’t come by one of those but every once in a while," Rockdale athletic director Jerrid Harris said. "He’s one of those guys, his work ethic is so above and beyond what most high school athletes usually exhibit."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic