|Grady Jarrett leaves HS legacy|
|Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:47 AM-||
According to the Rockdale Citizen:
"A stellar high school career will come to an end this weekend in Jefferson. Grady JarrettGrady Jarrett
# 6-2, 282
View Full Profile, Rockdale’s three-sport star, will compete in the shot put at the Class AAAA state track and field championships at Jefferson High School, completing a remarkable, two-year run. The Georgia Olympics begin Weds and will continue through Saturday."
"Jarrett has etched his name in headlines in all three seasons, beginning with the 2009 football season. That year, he helped the Bulldogs reach the state semifinals for the first time in school history and made the all-state team as a defensive lineman. In the winter, Jarrett was one of two Bulldogs to place at the state traditional wrestling tournament, finishing fourth in the 285-pound weight class."
"And as a senior, Jarrett has taken excellence to another level. After another all-state season at nose guard, Jarrett signed a football letter of intent with Clemson, then won the Class AAAA state wrestling title at 285. Jarrett will now take his Region 8-AAAA championship in the shot put and attempt to cap one of the greatest careers in school history with a state track and field crown."
"Grady is irreplaceable — you don’t come by one of those but every once in a while," Rockdale athletic director Jerrid Harris said. "He’s one of those guys, his work ethic is so above and beyond what most high school athletes usually exhibit."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson