|Former Clemson OL makes Jaguars' roster|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:13 AM||
Former Clemson offensive lineman has made it through the last round of cuts with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Shatley was waived and sent to the Jaguar practice team on Friday but was elevated to the final roster on Saturday because the team feared that we would not clear waivers because of high interest from other teams. If another NFL team wanted to put him on their final 53 roster, the Jaguars would have lost the promising rookie offensive lineman from their practice squad.
Shatley on being cut initially: "Friday night, I got a lot of texts to keep your head up. Saturday, everyone is confused and thought I was cut. I had a lot of explaining to do. I went in Friday and said they were going to waive me but put me on practice squad. Obviously, I called back in on Saturday and they put me on the 53. I went from a high to a higher."
He will be the team's third-team right guard for Week 1 of the NFL season.
He had signed a free agent rookie contract back in May. In 2013, Shatley was named to the 2013 All-ACC coaches and media teams. He was also named the strongest player on the team in weightlifting competitions (40 reps of 225 at Pro-Day).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released
- Clemson ranked in Athlon's Top 25 Preseason Poll