|Former Clemson OL makes Jaguars' roster|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:13 AM||
Former Clemson offensive lineman has made it through the last round of cuts with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Shatley was waived and sent to the Jaguar practice team on Friday but was elevated to the final roster on Saturday because the team feared that we would not clear waivers because of high interest from other teams. If another NFL team wanted to put him on their final 53 roster, the Jaguars would have lost the promising rookie offensive lineman from their practice squad.
Shatley on being cut initially: "Friday night, I got a lot of texts to keep your head up. Saturday, everyone is confused and thought I was cut. I had a lot of explaining to do. I went in Friday and said they were going to waive me but put me on practice squad. Obviously, I called back in on Saturday and they put me on the 53. I went from a high to a higher."
He will be the team's third-team right guard for Week 1 of the NFL season.
He had signed a free agent rookie contract back in May. In 2013, Shatley was named to the 2013 All-ACC coaches and media teams. He was also named the strongest player on the team in weightlifting competitions (40 reps of 225 at Pro-Day).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story