|Former Clemson OL makes Jaguars' roster|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:13 AM||
Shatley was waived and sent to the Jaguar practice team on Friday but was elevated to the final roster on Saturday because the team feared that we would not clear waivers because of high interest from other teams. If another NFL team wanted to put him on their final 53 roster, the Jaguars would have lost the promising rookie offensive lineman from their practice squad.
Shatley on being cut initially: "Friday night, I got a lot of texts to keep your head up. Saturday, everyone is confused and thought I was cut. I had a lot of explaining to do. I went in Friday and said they were going to waive me but put me on practice squad. Obviously, I called back in on Saturday and they put me on the 53. I went from a high to a higher."
He will be the team's third-team right guard for Week 1 of the NFL season.
He had signed a free agent rookie contract back in May. In 2013, Shatley was named to the 2013 All-ACC coaches and media teams. He was also named the strongest player on the team in weightlifting competitions (40 reps of 225 at Pro-Day).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab