|Former Clemson DB cut by Texans|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, August 31, 2014 5:31 PM-||
Former Clemson defensive back Chris ClemonsChris Clemons
# 6-1, 215
View Full Profile was released by the Houston Texans according to multiple sources. Other Texans that were cut include QB Case Keenum and WR Mike Thomas.
The move to release Clemons was a little shocking considering he was the projected starter at free safety and had just signed a $450,000 guaranteed salary in March.
Clemons has played the last five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins where he started 48 games. In 2013, he had 90 tackles and 8 passes broken up.
For his career, he has 256 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 17 passes broken up, 10 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries. He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
The Dolphins might be a team that is interested in Clemons who was a former starter for them.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates the injury status of Gallman, Renfrow
- Game time announced for Clemson-FSU
- Wayne Gallman injury update
- Clemson drops in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: The Tigers does viral dance "JuJu on Dat Beat"
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- Swinney updates injury status of Gallman and others
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- WATCH: Clemson's locker room celebration after OT win