|Former Clemson DB cut by Texans|
|Associate Editor - Sunday, August 31, 2014 5:31 PM-||
Former Clemson defensive back Chris ClemonsChris Clemons
# 6-1, 215
View Full Profile was released by the Houston Texans according to multiple sources. Other Texans that were cut include QB Case Keenum and WR Mike Thomas.
The move to release Clemons was a little shocking considering he was the projected starter at free safety and had just signed a $450,000 guaranteed salary in March.
Clemons has played the last five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins where he started 48 games. In 2013, he had 90 tackles and 8 passes broken up.
For his career, he has 256 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 17 passes broken up, 10 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries. He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
The Dolphins might be a team that is interested in Clemons who was a former starter for them.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2015 Hype Video
- TV Network Affiliates for Wofford at Clemson
- Bryant dealing with issues outside of football
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Photo: Clemson scoreboard has a new look
- Swinney says he has a clear No.2 quarterback
- Tony Steward suffers knee injury against Steelers
- Former Clemson DE suffers knee injury
- WATCH: Nuk Hopkins with amazing one-handed catch