|Former Clemson DB cut by Texans|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-31 17:31:23.0-||
Former Clemson defensive back Chris ClemonsChris Clemons
# 6-1, 215
View Full Profile was released by the Houston Texans according to multiple sources. Other Texans that were cut include QB Case Keenum and WR Mike Thomas.
The move to release Clemons was a little shocking considering he was the projected starter at free safety and had just signed a $450,000 guaranteed salary in March.
Clemons has played the last five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins where he started 48 games. In 2013, he had 90 tackles and 8 passes broken up.
For his career, he has 256 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 17 passes broken up, 10 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries. He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
The Dolphins might be a team that is interested in Clemons who was a former starter for them.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!