|Cole Stoudt named 4th best ACC QB|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:17 AM-||
Athlon has ranked Clemson starting quarterback Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile as the #4th best QB in the ACC. The rankings were based on projections for 2014, not accomplishments to date.
Jameis Winston, Marquise Williams, and Anthony Boone were ranked higher on the list.
Stoudt is set to replace Boyd, who guided Clemson to 32 wins over the last three seasons, including a No. 8 finish in the final Associated Press poll in 2013. In three years as a backup at Clemson, Stoudt has thrown for 742 yards and eight touchdowns. Although limited playing time or a backup role isn’t the best way to judge how a player will perform once he’s the starter, it’s important to note Stoudt has completed 72.2 percent of his passes over the last three seasons and has only one pick in 119 attempts. The senior also has good mobility and should serve as a mentor for incoming freshman Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile. With Georgia and Florida State on the schedule early in the year, Stoudt’s experience will be valuable for Clemson as it hopes to record another 10-win season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game