|Clemson ranked in top 20 of USA Today's 2014 Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:35 AM-||
Clemson is ranked #19 in USA today's top 25 teams for next season. The Tigers' instate rival South Carolina is ranked very close at #20.
Why No. 19? Because even if the offense must rebuild at the skill positions, coordinator Chad Morris – he of the sparkling résumé of success – will ensure the Tigers' prolific attack doesn't fall far. At the same time, the defense could always continue to improve under coordinator Brent Venables, perhaps completely offsetting any degree of decline on offense. Yet it's hard to avoid mentioning the number of prime-time performers set to depart, many with one year of eligibility on the table. Then there's always Florida State to worry about, so Clemson probably won't play for the ACC title.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson