|Clemson ranked in top 20 of USA Today's 2014 Top 25|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:35 AM||
Clemson is ranked #19 in USA today's top 25 teams for next season. The Tigers' instate rival South Carolina is ranked very close at #20.
Why No. 19? Because even if the offense must rebuild at the skill positions, coordinator Chad Morris – he of the sparkling résumé of success – will ensure the Tigers' prolific attack doesn't fall far. At the same time, the defense could always continue to improve under coordinator Brent Venables, perhaps completely offsetting any degree of decline on offense. Yet it's hard to avoid mentioning the number of prime-time performers set to depart, many with one year of eligibility on the table. Then there's always Florida State to worry about, so Clemson probably won't play for the ACC title.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab