|Clemson ranked in top 20 of USA Today's 2014 Top 25|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:35 AM||
Clemson is ranked #19 in USA today's top 25 teams for next season. The Tigers' instate rival South Carolina is ranked very close at #20.
Why No. 19? Because even if the offense must rebuild at the skill positions, coordinator Chad Morris – he of the sparkling résumé of success – will ensure the Tigers' prolific attack doesn't fall far. At the same time, the defense could always continue to improve under coordinator Brent Venables, perhaps completely offsetting any degree of decline on offense. Yet it's hard to avoid mentioning the number of prime-time performers set to depart, many with one year of eligibility on the table. Then there's always Florida State to worry about, so Clemson probably won't play for the ACC title.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley