|Clemson ranked in top 20 of USA Today's 2014 Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:35 AM-||
Clemson is ranked #19 in USA today's top 25 teams for next season. The Tigers' instate rival South Carolina is ranked very close at #20.
Why No. 19? Because even if the offense must rebuild at the skill positions, coordinator Chad Morris – he of the sparkling résumé of success – will ensure the Tigers' prolific attack doesn't fall far. At the same time, the defense could always continue to improve under coordinator Brent Venables, perhaps completely offsetting any degree of decline on offense. Yet it's hard to avoid mentioning the number of prime-time performers set to depart, many with one year of eligibility on the table. Then there's always Florida State to worry about, so Clemson probably won't play for the ACC title.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts