|Clemson ranked in top 20 of USA Today's 2014 Top 25|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:35 AM||
Clemson is ranked #19 in USA today's top 25 teams for next season. The Tigers' instate rival South Carolina is ranked very close at #20.
Why No. 19? Because even if the offense must rebuild at the skill positions, coordinator Chad Morris – he of the sparkling résumé of success – will ensure the Tigers' prolific attack doesn't fall far. At the same time, the defense could always continue to improve under coordinator Brent Venables, perhaps completely offsetting any degree of decline on offense. Yet it's hard to avoid mentioning the number of prime-time performers set to depart, many with one year of eligibility on the table. Then there's always Florida State to worry about, so Clemson probably won't play for the ACC title.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains