|Clemson postgame notes vs. Boston College|
|Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:19 PM-||
Clemson vs. Boston College
January 4, 2014
Clemson won its ACC opener at Boston College on Saturday by a score of 62-60.
It was Clemson’s second win over the Eagles in Conte Forum, and first since the 2008-09 season.
Saturday’s win was Clemson’s first on an ACC opponent’s home court to open league play since the 2008-09 team won at Miami.
Saturday’s game was Clemson’s first win by five points or less since a road win over Georgia Tech on Feb. 14, 2013.
Clemson held its third opponent of the season to less than 20 points in the first half. BC scored 19 in Saturday’s first 20 minutes. The Tigers previously held Stetson and Furman under 20 points in the first half earlier this season.
The Tigers made 6-of-13 three-pointers, 46 percent. It was Clemson’s best shooting percentage beyond the arc since making 53 percent against Davidson on Nov. 22.
Clemson moved to 8-1 on the season when scoring more points in the paint than its opponent, and to 7-1 when committing less turnovers.
K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile led all players with nine rebounds, matching his high against an ACC opponent. He grabbed nine last season at home against Wake Forest and Miami.
Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile made multiple three-pointers for the second time in three games. When he achieved the feat at Auburn on Dec. 19, it was a first in his career.
Hall had seven assists Saturday, matching his high total against an ACC team. He had seven against Wake Forest last season.
Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 245
View Full Profile scored eight points, his high total versus an ACC team in 20 career games.
Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 5-11, 165
View Full Profile posted double figures for a third straight game, a career-long streak for the Tiger sophomore. He had 15 points and has averaged 15.3 over that stretch.
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover