|Clemson drafted #17th in CFB mock draft|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:43 PM||
The main criteria that was taken into account were athletic budgets, resources, current coaching/lineup prowess, recruiting success, history and fanbase.
Clemson comes off the board in round 3 with the 17th overall pick. In-state rival South Carolina goes five picks later at #22 overall.
This was a toss-up between Clemson and South Carolina. If I was picking solely based on now, I'd go Gamecocks. But Clemson has the far better history and Spurrier won't coach forever. Also, this follows my strategy of picking lower-round teams that have to win fewer tough games than SEC teams to make the playoff. If they beat Florida State, the Tigers have a better shot at the playoff than the Gamecocks have of surviving the SEC.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach
- Garry Peters' NFL combine update
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB