|Clemson drafted #17th in CFB mock draft|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:43 PM-||
CBSSports.com had seven of its national analysts do a five-round draft that ranks the top programs in college football.
The main criteria that was taken into account were athletic budgets, resources, current coaching/lineup prowess, recruiting success, history and fanbase.
Clemson comes off the board in round 3 with the 17th overall pick. In-state rival South Carolina goes five picks later at #22 overall.
This was a toss-up between Clemson and South Carolina. If I was picking solely based on now, I'd go Gamecocks. But Clemson has the far better history and Spurrier won't coach forever. Also, this follows my strategy of picking lower-round teams that have to win fewer tough games than SEC teams to make the playoff. If they beat Florida State, the Tigers have a better shot at the playoff than the Gamecocks have of surviving the SEC.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- ACC Baseball Championship moved up due to forecast
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- 19 Clemson students rescued from Kentucky cave
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts
- Bender returns to Clemson
- Former Valparaiso forward will transfer to Clemson
- Clemson-FSU ranked #2 highest stakes in 2016