|Clemson drafted #17th in CFB mock draft|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-07-02 15:43:07.0-||
CBSSports.com had seven of its national analysts do a five-round draft that ranks the top programs in college football.
The main criteria that was taken into account were athletic budgets, resources, current coaching/lineup prowess, recruiting success, history and fanbase.
Clemson comes off the board in round 3 with the 17th overall pick. In-state rival South Carolina goes five picks later at #22 overall.
This was a toss-up between Clemson and South Carolina. If I was picking solely based on now, I'd go Gamecocks. But Clemson has the far better history and Spurrier won't coach forever. Also, this follows my strategy of picking lower-round teams that have to win fewer tough games than SEC teams to make the playoff. If they beat Florida State, the Tigers have a better shot at the playoff than the Gamecocks have of surviving the SEC.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- WATCH: Awkward exchange between Muschamp and Swinney
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst Booger picks a fight with Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst says Bentley will outplay Deshaun Watson
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game