|Clemson drafted #17th in CFB mock draft|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:43 PM||
CBSSports.com had seven of its national analysts do a five-round draft that ranks the top programs in college football.
The main criteria that was taken into account were athletic budgets, resources, current coaching/lineup prowess, recruiting success, history and fanbase.
Clemson comes off the board in round 3 with the 17th overall pick. In-state rival South Carolina goes five picks later at #22 overall.
This was a toss-up between Clemson and South Carolina. If I was picking solely based on now, I'd go Gamecocks. But Clemson has the far better history and Spurrier won't coach forever. Also, this follows my strategy of picking lower-round teams that have to win fewer tough games than SEC teams to make the playoff. If they beat Florida State, the Tigers have a better shot at the playoff than the Gamecocks have of surviving the SEC.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB Tradition