|Clemson drafted #17th in CFB mock draft|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:43 PM-||
CBSSports.com had seven of its national analysts do a five-round draft that ranks the top programs in college football.
The main criteria that was taken into account were athletic budgets, resources, current coaching/lineup prowess, recruiting success, history and fanbase.
Clemson comes off the board in round 3 with the 17th overall pick. In-state rival South Carolina goes five picks later at #22 overall.
This was a toss-up between Clemson and South Carolina. If I was picking solely based on now, I'd go Gamecocks. But Clemson has the far better history and Spurrier won't coach forever. Also, this follows my strategy of picking lower-round teams that have to win fewer tough games than SEC teams to make the playoff. If they beat Florida State, the Tigers have a better shot at the playoff than the Gamecocks have of surviving the SEC.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner