|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM-||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville