|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM-||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game