|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- McCloud makes freshman mistake before Thursday's scrimmage
- Ammon Lakip suspended multiple games
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Radakovich discusses idea of selling Beer at Clemson games
- Photos: Inside Clemson's Oculus
- Clemson DB breaks a bone in his hand
- True Freshman TE creating a buzz at Fall camp
- Elliott breaks down pecking order at running back