|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"