|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Tigers Sweep No. 8 FSU in Tallahassee
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released