|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB Tradition