|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Moped accident puts Clemson DB in yellow jersey
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"