|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM-||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft