|Clemson Student-Athletes Excel in Classroom|
|Monday, March 3, 2014 1:23 PM-||
CLEMSON, SC - Nine of Clemson's athletic teams and nearly half of all student-athletes exceeded a Fall Semester grade point average of 3.0, according to data released by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). As a whole, student-athletes earned a grade point average of 2.88 for the semester.
A department-best 3.54 by women's soccer paced a group over 3.0 including men's and women's cross country, men's and women's tennis, rowing, volleyball, women's golf and diving.
Of 443 student-athletes, 216 earned GPAs of 3.0 or better, including 38 recording a perfect 4.0 in the fall. Currently 15 student-athletes are maintaining a cumulative 4.0.
"This outstanding report of academic achievement is yet another testament to the hard work and commitment of our student athletes," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "From our coaches to the Vickery Hall staff and everyone who supports our student athletes through IPTAY, it's great to see the results of the emphasis we place on achievement not only on the fields and courts, but also in the classroom."
- WATCH: Swinney's epic rant on media using "Clemsoning"
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Clemson has a new starter at wide receiver
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the locker room after GT win
- Jimmy Fallon jokes on Bradley Pinion
- Photos: Clemson grass parking lots
- Photo: "One South Carolina" logo on display for Clemson-GT