|Clemson vs FSU postgame notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:11 AM||
* Clemson entered tonight’s game having won 11 straight conference games, the longest such streak in the nation, all by double digits. The Tigers’ last loss before the streak began was to Florida State in Tallahassee last season when Clemson fell 49-37.
* Florida State scored 51 points, which are the most points by an opponent at Memorial Stadium. The previous record was by NC State when it scored 48 points against the Tigers in Death Valley last season but Clemson won that game 62-48.
* Clemson committed four turnovers in the game. That is the most turnovers in a game by the Tigers since they turned it over four times in a 56-20 win at Duke last season.
* Clemson recorded three sacks in tonight’s game. That is the second most the Seminoles have allowed this season.
* Clemson scored 14 points Saturday, its fewest points in an ACC game since the 2011 season at NC State.
* Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Sr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile threw for 156 yards in tonight’s game to give him 9,992 for his career. He passed former Florida State quarterback Chris Weinke to move into third place in ACC history in career passing yards.
* Boyd finished the game with 164 yards of total offense, the lowest of his career against an ACC opponent. It was second lowest of his career against any opponent.
* Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile recorded the 20th receiving touchdown of his career in the first quarter. It moved him into a tie with Aaron Kelly for second place Clemson history in touchdown receptions. Only DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile had more in his career with 27.
* Watkins finished the game with eight catches and 68 receiving yards, both team highs for Clemson. He now has 2,602 receiving yards for his career, which moves in to fourth place in Clemson history for career receiving yards.
* Robert SmithRobert Smith
#27 5-10, 210
St. George, SC
View Full Profile recorded a career-high 11 tackles in tonight’s game. It was tied for the most by a Tiger player in the game with Spencer ShueySpencer Shuey
#33 6-3, 230
View Full Profile. Over the past three games, Smith and Shuey each have a team-high 29 tackles during that stretch.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
|Discuss this update on the Player Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|