|Clemson Baseball Weekly Wrapup|
|Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:52 PM-||
Overall Season Record: 5-1
ACC Regular-Season Record: 0-0
Last Week: 3-0
Fri. W, Home vs. Maine, 5-2
Sat. W, Home vs. Maine, 13-3
Sun. W, Home vs. Maine, 10-2
Tue. Home vs. Presbyterian College, 4 PM
Fri. Away vs. South Carolina, 7 PM (FSS)
Sat. Neutral* vs. South Carolina, 2 PM
Sun. Home vs. South Carolina, 4 PM
* - Greenville, SC (Fluor FIeld)
• Clemson swept Maine by a combined score of 28-7 over the weekend. The Tigers had a .371 batting average and 2.00 ERA in the series.
• Head Coach Jack Leggett recorded his 1,268th career win on Saturday, moving him into sole possession of 10th place in all-time victories by a head coach at a Division I school.
• In the Maine series, Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile led the Tigers at the plate by going 6-for-10, while Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile (5-for-9) and Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile (7-for-13) also had strong series.
• Tiger pitchers combined for only four walks in the Maine series, two of which came in the last inning of Sunday's game.
• Clemson has four come-from-behind wins among its five total victories in 2014.
• Clemson leadoff batters of an inning have reached safely 50 percent of the time in 2014.
• Tiger pitchers have combined for five pickoffs in only six games.
• Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile, Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile, and Tyler Krieger have hit safely in all six games in 2014. Duggar hit safely in the last nine games of 2013, meaning he is riding a 15-game hitting streak.
• Freshman Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile leads the team in RBIs (10).
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll