Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Charleston Southern
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers play their final regular-season home game against Charleston Southern on Tuesday night.
• Who - Charleston Southern (18-31) vs. Clemson (34-18)
• Rankings - CSU - NR; CU - No. 23 BA, No. 18 USA
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion No. 1 - Family Four Pack - Purchase four tickets and a $10 concession voucher for only $30.
• Promotion No. 2 - Two on Tuesday - Buy one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 17-1 (1976-15)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 14-1 (1976-15)
• RHP Jon Piriz (CSU) vs. RHP Clate Schmidt (CU)
• Clemson two of three games at Georgia Southern by a combined score of 35-12 last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.0 runs per game and hitting .277 with a .388 on-base percentage and 48 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 4.46 ERA, .266 opponents’ batting average and 2.13 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .960.
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN OVERVIEW
• Charleston Southern is led by eighth-year head coach Stuart Lake.
• The Buccaneers won one game against Coastal Carolina last weekend. They are hitting .277 and have a 4.59 ERA and .961 fielding percentage.
• Sly Edwards is hitting .348 with six steals, while Chris Singleton is batting .343 with four homers, 34 RBIs and eight steals.
• Clemson won the first 17 games of the series before the Buccaneers defeated the Tigers 4-3 in 10 innings on April 8, 2015 at Clemson.
• Clemson has won nine of its 13 weekend series in 2016.
• Adam Ward, who lettered as a catcher at Clemson from 2007-09, is an assistant coach on the Charleston Southern staff.
BARNES QUIETLY EFFECTIVE
• Sophomore lefthander Charlie Barnes does not overpower hitters, but he has a knack of recording strikeouts.
• He is 5-4 with a 4.82 ERA, .257 opponents' batting average and 66 strikeouts against only 19 walks (3.47 strikeout-to-walk ratio).
• He is holding opponents to a .198 batting average with two outs.
• He is the only Tiger pitcher to start every game he has appeared in this season and has made a team-high 13 starts on the mound.
• In his career, he is 6-6 with a 4.47 ERA, .259 opponents' batting average and 89 strikeouts against 27 walks in 98.2 innings pitched.