|Chad Kelly headed to junior college in Mississippi|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, April 26, 2014 11:26 PM-||
According to the NJCAA website, former Clemson quarterback Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS So. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile signed a letter of intent to play for the Lions on April 23. Kelly would be eligible to play this fall at the junior college and then could transfer again to a Division 1 FBS school.
Last season EMCC finished the season 12-0 with scores of 69-0, 70-0, 90-7, 55-0, 59-0, and 79-7 among the 12 wins. EMCC also defeated Georgia Military College, 52-32, in the NJCAA National Championship. The championship was the second National Championship in three seasons for the Lions.
My Squad Beats Teams 90 to 7. Hahaha I Love My Team!!!!— Chad Kelly (@ChadKelly_11) April 25, 2014
Former Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount played at EMCC for two years (2006-07) before transferring to the Ducks.
Kelly was dismissed from the Clemson football team earlier this month for "conduct detrimental" to the football program. During the 2014 spring game, he was 10-18 passing for 113 yards, but threw two interceptions.
Kelly red-shirted the 2012 season, then suffered a torn ACL in the 2013 Spring Game. But, he came back to play by the September 7 S.C. State game. He played in five games overall in 2013 and was 10-17 passing for 58 yards. He added 16 rushes for 117 yards and a touchdown, including 56 yards on seven rushes at Virginia.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team