|Canes sweep Tigers with Sunday offensive outburst|
|Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:45 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – The No. 11 Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes totaled 16 hits en route to a 10-2 win over #20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Sunday afternoon to finish off the three-game sweep. Miami (32-13) improved to 19-1 in its last 20 games by scoring two runs apiece in the first, fourth and fifth innings, then it scored four runs in the eighth inning to put the game out of reach.
Alexander Hernandez had a career-high four hits to lead the Hurricanes, who had six players with double-digit hits. Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile hit a single in the seventh inning to become the 45th Tiger in the ACC era (1954-14) to join the 200-hit club. It also extended his hitting streak to 10 games, his fifth career double-digit hitting streak, for the Tigers (25-19, 12-11 ACC).
Starter Bryan Radziewski (4-2) allowed just one run on four hits with nine strikeouts in 6.0 innings pitched to earn the win. Clemson starter Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (2-3) suffered the loss. The Tigers have four days off for final exams before returning to action with a two-game home series against James Madison.
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2016 Season Hype Video