|Canes sweep Tigers with Sunday offensive outburst|
|Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:45 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – The No. 11 Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes totaled 16 hits en route to a 10-2 win over #20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Sunday afternoon to finish off the three-game sweep. Miami (32-13) improved to 19-1 in its last 20 games by scoring two runs apiece in the first, fourth and fifth innings, then it scored four runs in the eighth inning to put the game out of reach.
Alexander Hernandez had a career-high four hits to lead the Hurricanes, who had six players with double-digit hits. Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile hit a single in the seventh inning to become the 45th Tiger in the ACC era (1954-14) to join the 200-hit club. It also extended his hitting streak to 10 games, his fifth career double-digit hitting streak, for the Tigers (25-19, 12-11 ACC).
Starter Bryan Radziewski (4-2) allowed just one run on four hits with nine strikeouts in 6.0 innings pitched to earn the win. Clemson starter Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (2-3) suffered the loss. The Tigers have four days off for final exams before returning to action with a two-game home series against James Madison.
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament