|Canes sweep Tigers with Sunday offensive outburst|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:45 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – The No. 11 Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes totaled 16 hits en route to a 10-2 win over #20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Sunday afternoon to finish off the three-game sweep. Miami (32-13) improved to 19-1 in its last 20 games by scoring two runs apiece in the first, fourth and fifth innings, then it scored four runs in the eighth inning to put the game out of reach.
Alexander Hernandez had a career-high four hits to lead the Hurricanes, who had six players with double-digit hits. Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile hit a single in the seventh inning to become the 45th Tiger in the ACC era (1954-14) to join the 200-hit club. It also extended his hitting streak to 10 games, his fifth career double-digit hitting streak, for the Tigers (25-19, 12-11 ACC).
Starter Bryan Radziewski (4-2) allowed just one run on four hits with nine strikeouts in 6.0 innings pitched to earn the win. Clemson starter Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (2-3) suffered the loss. The Tigers have four days off for final exams before returning to action with a two-game home series against James Madison.
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies