|Bowers confirms surgery; not 100 percent|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:01 AM||
Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile spoke to Clemson Sports Talk on WXBT-AM about a NFL.com article that said he was out of shape for OTA's.
Bowers said the real reason that he might not be in playing shape was because he is still rehabbing from knee surgery that he had in December. He has had lingering knee problems for the 2013 season and much of his short NFL career.
“First of all, I’m coming back off a surgery on my knee that I had in December,” Bowers said. “Second of all, you know, people tend to write what they want to write, which I have no control over what they’re going to write. But I prefer that they write about truthful things, not just say things that, you know. But it really doesn’t matter what they say. The coaches, the staff, the trainers, we’ve all been working together since April. So they pretty much have a feel of how far along I am and what I need to do this offseason to make sure that I come back [ready] for the season.
“I’m definitely not at 100 percent, but by the time fall camp comes I’ll be close to it,” Bowers said.
Just for fun, here is a video of Da'Quan Bowers showing his guitar talent on SportsCenter.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab