|Bowers confirms surgery; not 100 percent|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-06-26 10:01:06.0-||
Former Clemson star Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile spoke to Clemson Sports Talk on WXBT-AM about a NFL.com article that said he was out of shape for OTA's.
Bowers said the real reason that he might not be in playing shape was because he is still rehabbing from knee surgery that he had in December. He has had lingering knee problems for the 2013 season and much of his short NFL career.
“First of all, I’m coming back off a surgery on my knee that I had in December,” Bowers said. “Second of all, you know, people tend to write what they want to write, which I have no control over what they’re going to write. But I prefer that they write about truthful things, not just say things that, you know. But it really doesn’t matter what they say. The coaches, the staff, the trainers, we’ve all been working together since April. So they pretty much have a feel of how far along I am and what I need to do this offseason to make sure that I come back [ready] for the season.
“I’m definitely not at 100 percent, but by the time fall camp comes I’ll be close to it,” Bowers said.
Just for fun, here is a video of Da'Quan Bowers showing his guitar talent on SportsCenter.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- ESPN lists Wilkins as a 2017 Heisman candidate
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Virginia Tech announces 'Maroon Effect' for 2017 Clemson-VT
- Clemson starter to miss significant time with injury