|4 Tigers named to 2013 All-ACC Academic Football Team|
|Monday, February 17, 2014 10:21 AM-||
Clemson, SC—Chandler Catanzaro, Tyler Shatley, Ben Boulware and Daniel Rodriguez were named to the 2013 Academic All-ACC Football Team. Commissioner John Swofford announced the team on Monday morning.
Catanzaro (biological sciences) and Shatley (civil engineering) have already graduated from Clemson, while Boulware is a freshman and Rodriguez is a sophomore in terms of eligibility. It was the third time that Catanzaro made the team, the second selection for Shatley.
Catanzaro and Shatley were both All-ACC players on the field as well in 2013 as both made third-team All-ACC.
Catanzaro finished his career as Clemson’s career scoring leader with 404 points and was the school’s career leader in field goals of at least 40 yards. He made 39 of his last 41 field goal attempts over three seasons. Shatley was a two-year starter at offensive guard, helping the Clemson offense to its two highest scoring seasons in history.
Rodriguez was a reserve wide receiver this year, but played in all 13 games and caught seven passes, including a touchdown against The Citadel. Boulware played in 11 games and finished the season with 25 tackles.
To be eligible for consideration, a student-athlete must have earned a 3.00 grade point average for the previous semester and maintained a 3.00 cumulative average during his academic career. A student-athlete in graduate school must maintain a 3.5 grade point average. The ACC has selected an All-ACC Academic Football team every year since 1954.
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots
- Clemson and Ga. Tech game one suspended
- WATCH: Lawson gets a call from Shaquille O'Neal
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks