|2 Clemson players ranked in top #42 draft rankings|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, February 10, 2014 7:16 PM-||
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has released his latest Top 50 draft prospect rankings and two Clemson football players made the list.
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was ranked #2 overall (#1 WR) on his rankings and CB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland
RS Sr. Cornerback
#17 6-0, 195
View Full Profile came in at #43 overall (#4 CB).
Breeland is a tall, fluid cornerback with good recovery speed. He lines up as the boundary corner in Clemson's defense. In press coverage, he uses a one-hand jam and has the quickness and agility to mirror underneath routes and the speed to carry vertical routes. In off coverage, he has plenty of burst out of his plant/drive to make plays on the ball. He will occasionally get caught peeking in the backfield and give up position, but he has the speed to recover. He is very aggressive in run support, but he has several fly-by missed tackles in the games I studied.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft