|2 Clemson players ranked in top #42 draft rankings|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, February 10, 2014 7:16 PM||
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has released his latest Top 50 draft prospect rankings and two Clemson football players made the list.
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was ranked #2 overall (#1 WR) on his rankings and CB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland
RS Sr. Cornerback
#17 6-0, 195
View Full Profile came in at #43 overall (#4 CB).
Breeland is a tall, fluid cornerback with good recovery speed. He lines up as the boundary corner in Clemson's defense. In press coverage, he uses a one-hand jam and has the quickness and agility to mirror underneath routes and the speed to carry vertical routes. In off coverage, he has plenty of burst out of his plant/drive to make plays on the ball. He will occasionally get caught peeking in the backfield and give up position, but he has the speed to recover. He is very aggressive in run support, but he has several fly-by missed tackles in the games I studied.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB Tradition