|2 Clemson players ranked in top #42 draft rankings|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, February 10, 2014 7:16 PM-||
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has released his latest Top 50 draft prospect rankings and two Clemson football players made the list.
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was ranked #2 overall (#1 WR) on his rankings and CB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland
RS Sr. Cornerback
#17 6-0, 195
View Full Profile came in at #43 overall (#4 CB).
Breeland is a tall, fluid cornerback with good recovery speed. He lines up as the boundary corner in Clemson's defense. In press coverage, he uses a one-hand jam and has the quickness and agility to mirror underneath routes and the speed to carry vertical routes. In off coverage, he has plenty of burst out of his plant/drive to make plays on the ball. He will occasionally get caught peeking in the backfield and give up position, but he has the speed to recover. He is very aggressive in run support, but he has several fly-by missed tackles in the games I studied.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover