|ESPN: ACC's best individual seasons|
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
2. C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile, RB/KR, Clemson, 2009:
He finished third in the nation in kickoff return average, fourth in all-purpose running with 191 yards per game, and sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting. The schedule included four top 15 opponents, and Spiller had 234 total yards against Georgia Tech in the regular season, 301 against the Jackets in the ACC Championship game, 227 against TCU and 310 against Miami. He broke his own record with 312 yards against Florida State in 40-37 victory. He had a play of at least 54 yards in 10 of 12 games against FBS opponents and six games of at least 200 all-purpose running yards, a Clemson single-season record. Spiller scored a school-record 21 touchdowns in 2009, and was the only player nationally to score a touchdown in every game.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State