|Swinney jabs back on Edsall comments|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, July 21, 2014 7:41 PM-||
Maryland head football coach Randy Edsall appeared pumped for his team's recent entry into the Big Ten conference and threw a last second salvo directed at ACC football teams at a local lunch event (7/10/14).
Edsall said, "I'm going to a football conference. I'm not in a basketball conference anymore."
Swinney took up for ACC football schools at Monday's ACC Kickoff interview day during a question about the aforementioned Edsall comment.
"I wish him well," Swinney said. ”I think we just played Ohio State. Aren't they from that conference (Big Ten)?”
Times were tough for Edsall and the Terps in 3 seasons as they were extremely pedestrian going 13-24 overall and 6-18 (0-2 vs BC) in the ACC.
Winning 6 total ACC games at Maryland in 3 seasons doesn't make the ACC a basketball conference, it just means that Mr. Edsall needs to coach 'em up a whole lot better in football.
Dabo on Randy Edsall quipping that Maryland was now in a football conf: "We just beat Ohio State. Aren't they in that conference?"— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) July 21, 2014
Dabo: "[ACC] a league on the rise that doesn't take a backseat to anybody."— Jared Shanker (@JShankerESPN) July 21, 2014
ICYMI: Clemson vs Maryland 2013 Highlights
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Gallman ranked in Athlon's Top 10 running backs of 2016