|Swinney jabs back on Edsall comments|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, July 21, 2014 7:41 PM-||
Maryland head football coach Randy Edsall appeared pumped for his team's recent entry into the Big Ten conference and threw a last second salvo directed at ACC football teams at a local lunch event (7/10/14).
Edsall said, "I'm going to a football conference. I'm not in a basketball conference anymore."
Swinney took up for ACC football schools at Monday's ACC Kickoff interview day during a question about the aforementioned Edsall comment.
"I wish him well," Swinney said. ”I think we just played Ohio State. Aren't they from that conference (Big Ten)?”
Times were tough for Edsall and the Terps in 3 seasons as they were extremely pedestrian going 13-24 overall and 6-18 (0-2 vs BC) in the ACC.
Winning 6 total ACC games at Maryland in 3 seasons doesn't make the ACC a basketball conference, it just means that Mr. Edsall needs to coach 'em up a whole lot better in football.
Dabo on Randy Edsall quipping that Maryland was now in a football conf: "We just beat Ohio State. Aren't they in that conference?"— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) July 21, 2014
Dabo: "[ACC] a league on the rise that doesn't take a backseat to anybody."— Jared Shanker (@JShankerESPN) July 21, 2014
ICYMI: Clemson vs Maryland 2013 Highlights
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson DE starter out vs. Auburn
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover