|Swinney jabs back on Edsall comments|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, July 21, 2014 7:41 PM||
Maryland head football coach Randy Edsall appeared pumped for his team's recent entry into the Big Ten conference and threw a last second salvo directed at ACC football teams at a local lunch event (7/10/14).
Edsall said, "I'm going to a football conference. I'm not in a basketball conference anymore."
Swinney took up for ACC football schools at Monday's ACC Kickoff interview day during a question about the aforementioned Edsall comment.
"I wish him well," Swinney said. ”I think we just played Ohio State. Aren't they from that conference (Big Ten)?”
Times were tough for Edsall and the Terps in 3 seasons as they were extremely pedestrian going 13-24 overall and 6-18 (0-2 vs BC) in the ACC.
Winning 6 total ACC games at Maryland in 3 seasons doesn't make the ACC a basketball conference, it just means that Mr. Edsall needs to coach 'em up a whole lot better in football.
Dabo on Randy Edsall quipping that Maryland was now in a football conf: "We just beat Ohio State. Aren't they in that conference?"— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) July 21, 2014
Dabo: "[ACC] a league on the rise that doesn't take a backseat to anybody."— Jared Shanker (@JShankerESPN) July 21, 2014
ICYMI: Clemson vs Maryland 2013 Highlights
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Former Clemson SG hired by 49ers staff
- Report: Clemson adds Akron to future schedule
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley