|Swinney and Spurrier visit school at same time|
|Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54 AM-||
Earlier in the week, Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier visited the same high school (North Gwinnett High) at the very same time to check on different prospects.
The rival coaches spoke with each other and were very cordial to one another.
Swinney was recruiting 5-star OL Mitch Hyatt and Spurrier was looking in on his commit, DE Dante Sawyer.
Here is a quote from North Gwinnett coach Bob Sphire:
“Dabo was in here first, and I was telling him how entertaining those two have been with their quotes back and forth, and their banter. You know, the first thing (Swinney) said was ‘I really like him (Spurrier). We’re really good friends.’ I will be darned if that wasn’t the first thing that Spurrier told me when I tried to stir it up. He said, ‘I really like Dabo. We’re really good friends.’
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC