|Swinney and Spurrier visit school at same time|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54 AM||
Earlier in the week, Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier visited the same high school (North Gwinnett High) at the very same time to check on different prospects.
The rival coaches spoke with each other and were very cordial to one another.
Swinney was recruiting 5-star OL Mitch Hyatt and Spurrier was looking in on his commit, DE Dante Sawyer.
Here is a quote from North Gwinnett coach Bob Sphire:
“Dabo was in here first, and I was telling him how entertaining those two have been with their quotes back and forth, and their banter. You know, the first thing (Swinney) said was ‘I really like him (Spurrier). We’re really good friends.’ I will be darned if that wasn’t the first thing that Spurrier told me when I tried to stir it up. He said, ‘I really like Dabo. We’re really good friends.’
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies