|Swinney and Spurrier visit school at same time|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54 AM||
Earlier in the week, Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier visited the same high school (North Gwinnett High) at the very same time to check on different prospects.
The rival coaches spoke with each other and were very cordial to one another.
Swinney was recruiting 5-star OL Mitch Hyatt and Spurrier was looking in on his commit, DE Dante Sawyer.
Here is a quote from North Gwinnett coach Bob Sphire:
“Dabo was in here first, and I was telling him how entertaining those two have been with their quotes back and forth, and their banter. You know, the first thing (Swinney) said was ‘I really like him (Spurrier). We’re really good friends.’ I will be darned if that wasn’t the first thing that Spurrier told me when I tried to stir it up. He said, ‘I really like Dabo. We’re really good friends.’
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI