|Swinney and Spurrier visit school at same time|
|Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54 AM-||
Earlier in the week, Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier visited the same high school (North Gwinnett High) at the very same time to check on different prospects.
The rival coaches spoke with each other and were very cordial to one another.
Swinney was recruiting 5-star OL Mitch Hyatt and Spurrier was looking in on his commit, DE Dante Sawyer.
Here is a quote from North Gwinnett coach Bob Sphire:
“Dabo was in here first, and I was telling him how entertaining those two have been with their quotes back and forth, and their banter. You know, the first thing (Swinney) said was ‘I really like him (Spurrier). We’re really good friends.’ I will be darned if that wasn’t the first thing that Spurrier told me when I tried to stir it up. He said, ‘I really like Dabo. We’re really good friends.’
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson