|Swinney and Spurrier visit school at same time|
|Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54 AM-||
Earlier in the week, Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier visited the same high school (North Gwinnett High) at the very same time to check on different prospects.
The rival coaches spoke with each other and were very cordial to one another.
Swinney was recruiting 5-star OL Mitch Hyatt and Spurrier was looking in on his commit, DE Dante Sawyer.
Here is a quote from North Gwinnett coach Bob Sphire:
“Dabo was in here first, and I was telling him how entertaining those two have been with their quotes back and forth, and their banter. You know, the first thing (Swinney) said was ‘I really like him (Spurrier). We’re really good friends.’ I will be darned if that wasn’t the first thing that Spurrier told me when I tried to stir it up. He said, ‘I really like Dabo. We’re really good friends.’
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game