|Clemson assistant named new coach at College of Charleston|
|Associate Editor - Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:24 PM-||
Clemson assistant Earl Grant has been named the new Men's basketball coach at College of Charleston. Grant replaces' former coach Doug Wojcik.
Grant served five years at Clemson where he was a top recruiter for the staff and was well respected by the coaches and players.
Grant is a North Charleston native who played basketball at Stall High school and his wife is an alumnus of the College of Charleston.
College of Charleston president Glenn McConnell had this to say about the Grant hire: "First and foremost Earl is a very impressive leader and a teacher. His positive attitude, strong work ethic and vivacious personality will have a lasting impact on our players, students, alumni and the entire college community. I am positive that his vast energy and desire for excellence will propel the College of Charleston basketball program to new heights," McConnell said.
Congrats to my good friend Earl Grant on becoming the head coach @CofC. Really happy for EG, Jacci and the boys.— Coach Brad Brownell (@Coach_Brownell) September 2, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND