|Spurrier responds to Dabo's Orange Bowl comments|
|by TigerNet Staff - Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:44 PM||
According to Chris Low of ESPN, South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier agreed with Dabo Swinney's comments after the Orange Bowl that Clemson was the only team from the state South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
“Well, he’s right,” Spurrier told ESPN. “We’ve never even been to a BCS bowl. We can’t get invited. We’re in the SEC.”
Spurrier also questioned whether Swinney's comments were completely accurate.
“I called Danny Ford and said, ‘Danny, does Dabo forget that Clemson in 1981 went down to the Orange Bowl, won the national championship and went undefeated?’ ” Spurrier joked. “They didn’t call it a BCS bowl back then, but it was the same bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Orange Bowl has always been a major bowl.”
Click here for full ESPN article. Spurrier also calls Gamecocks the "national champion of the bowl season".
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains