|Spurrier responds to Dabo's Orange Bowl comments|
|by TigerNet Staff - Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:44 PM||
According to Chris Low of ESPN, South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier agreed with Dabo Swinney's comments after the Orange Bowl that Clemson was the only team from the state South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
“Well, he’s right,” Spurrier told ESPN. “We’ve never even been to a BCS bowl. We can’t get invited. We’re in the SEC.”
Spurrier also questioned whether Swinney's comments were completely accurate.
“I called Danny Ford and said, ‘Danny, does Dabo forget that Clemson in 1981 went down to the Orange Bowl, won the national championship and went undefeated?’ ” Spurrier joked. “They didn’t call it a BCS bowl back then, but it was the same bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Orange Bowl has always been a major bowl.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin