|Spurrier responds to Dabo's Orange Bowl comments|
According to Chris Low of ESPN, South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier agreed with Dabo Swinney's comments after the Orange Bowl that Clemson was the only team from the state South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
“Well, he’s right,” Spurrier told ESPN. “We’ve never even been to a BCS bowl. We can’t get invited. We’re in the SEC.”
Spurrier also questioned whether Swinney's comments were completely accurate.
“I called Danny Ford and said, ‘Danny, does Dabo forget that Clemson in 1981 went down to the Orange Bowl, won the national championship and went undefeated?’ ” Spurrier joked. “They didn’t call it a BCS bowl back then, but it was the same bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Orange Bowl has always been a major bowl.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- Muschamp on 56-7 loss: "We got whipped"
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Virginia Tech