|Spurrier responds to Dabo's Orange Bowl comments|
|by TigerNet Staff - Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:44 PM||
According to Chris Low of ESPN, South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier agreed with Dabo Swinney's comments after the Orange Bowl that Clemson was the only team from the state South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
“Well, he’s right,” Spurrier told ESPN. “We’ve never even been to a BCS bowl. We can’t get invited. We’re in the SEC.”
Spurrier also questioned whether Swinney's comments were completely accurate.
“I called Danny Ford and said, ‘Danny, does Dabo forget that Clemson in 1981 went down to the Orange Bowl, won the national championship and went undefeated?’ ” Spurrier joked. “They didn’t call it a BCS bowl back then, but it was the same bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Orange Bowl has always been a major bowl.”
Click here for full ESPN article. Spurrier also calls Gamecocks the "national champion of the bowl season".
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson
- PHOTO: Construction on West EndZone and Oculus