|Spurrier responds to Dabo's Orange Bowl comments|
|Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:44 PM-||
According to Chris Low of ESPN, South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier agreed with Dabo Swinney's comments after the Orange Bowl that Clemson was the only team from the state South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
“Well, he’s right,” Spurrier told ESPN. “We’ve never even been to a BCS bowl. We can’t get invited. We’re in the SEC.”
Spurrier also questioned whether Swinney's comments were completely accurate.
“I called Danny Ford and said, ‘Danny, does Dabo forget that Clemson in 1981 went down to the Orange Bowl, won the national championship and went undefeated?’ ” Spurrier joked. “They didn’t call it a BCS bowl back then, but it was the same bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Orange Bowl has always been a major bowl.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits