|Spurrier responds to Dabo's Orange Bowl comments|
According to Chris Low of ESPN, South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier agreed with Dabo Swinney's comments after the Orange Bowl that Clemson was the only team from the state South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
“Well, he’s right,” Spurrier told ESPN. “We’ve never even been to a BCS bowl. We can’t get invited. We’re in the SEC.”
Spurrier also questioned whether Swinney's comments were completely accurate.
“I called Danny Ford and said, ‘Danny, does Dabo forget that Clemson in 1981 went down to the Orange Bowl, won the national championship and went undefeated?’ ” Spurrier joked. “They didn’t call it a BCS bowl back then, but it was the same bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Orange Bowl has always been a major bowl.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Hilarious Church sign after National Championship win
- Coca-Cola to release commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer
- Clemson OL to transfer
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- WATCH: Clemson's epic tribute video for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson finishes #2 in ESPN's final FPI
- Boulware calls out Twitter troll...Again