|Liberty Downs No. 20 Tigers 4-3 Tuesday|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:10 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Liberty overcame an early 3-0 deficit to defeat No. 20 Clemson 4-3 Tuesday night at Doug Kingsmore Stadium. It was the first meeting at Doug Kingsmore Stadium between Liberty (32-9) and Clemson (24-16) since 1999.
The Tigers took advantage of five walks in the first inning to score two runs, then added another run in the second inning to build a 3-0 lead. But the Flames scored two runs in the third inning after the first two batters of the frame were retired, then Dalton Britt scored on a wild pitch and Danny Grauer followed with a solo homer in the fifth inning to give the Flames the lead over the Tigers, who scored just three of their 17 baserunners in the game.
Reliever Shawn Clowers (5-0) earned the win by pitching 2.2 scoreless innings. Ashton Perritt tossed a scoreless ninth inning to record his ninth save of the year. Tiger starter Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (4-6) suffered the loss, as he gave up four runs on five hits and four walks with five strikeouts in 4.2 innings pitched.
The Tigers host Western Carolina on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Fans can get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for only $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate. Additional tickets can be purchased for $5.
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Ulric Jones apologizes to Watson, Clemson fanbase
- Game Times Announced for Clemson Football's First 3 Games
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds