|Liberty Downs No. 20 Tigers 4-3 Tuesday|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:10 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Liberty overcame an early 3-0 deficit to defeat No. 20 Clemson 4-3 Tuesday night at Doug Kingsmore Stadium. It was the first meeting at Doug Kingsmore Stadium between Liberty (32-9) and Clemson (24-16) since 1999.
The Tigers took advantage of five walks in the first inning to score two runs, then added another run in the second inning to build a 3-0 lead. But the Flames scored two runs in the third inning after the first two batters of the frame were retired, then Dalton Britt scored on a wild pitch and Danny Grauer followed with a solo homer in the fifth inning to give the Flames the lead over the Tigers, who scored just three of their 17 baserunners in the game.
Reliever Shawn Clowers (5-0) earned the win by pitching 2.2 scoreless innings. Ashton Perritt tossed a scoreless ninth inning to record his ninth save of the year. Tiger starter Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (4-6) suffered the loss, as he gave up four runs on five hits and four walks with five strikeouts in 4.2 innings pitched.
The Tigers host Western Carolina on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Fans can get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for only $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate. Additional tickets can be purchased for $5.
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams