|Baseball: Clemson 3 Wake Forest 4 Final|
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Behind two runs in the eighth inning, Wake Forest rallied to top No. 14 Clemson 4-3 at Wake Forest Baseball Park Friday night. The Demon Deacons (13-6, 3-1 ACC) took a 1-0 series lead over the Tigers (10-6, 3-1 ACC).
In the eighth inning, Charlie Morgan's run-scoring, bloop single tied the score, then Ben Breazeale laced a run-scoring double to left-center to give Wake Forest the lead for good. Chris Okey's two-out, three-run homer on an 0-2 pitch in the fourth inning gave Clemson a 3-1 lead in the fourth inning.
Starter Jack Fischer (2-1) earned the win, while Aaron Fossas recorded his fourth save of the year. Tiger reliever Clate Schmidt (2-3) suffered the loss.
Due to the threat of inclement weather Sunday, the series will conclude with a doubleheader Saturday starting at 1 p.m. There will be approximately 40 minutes in between the nine-inning contests.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- ESPN lists Wilkins as a 2017 Heisman candidate
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Virginia Tech announces 'Maroon Effect' for 2017 Clemson-VT
- Clemson starter to miss significant time with injury