|Baseball: Clemson 3 Wake Forest 4 Final|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Friday, March 14, 2014 8:16 PM||
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Behind two runs in the eighth inning, Wake Forest rallied to top No. 14 Clemson 4-3 at Wake Forest Baseball Park Friday night. The Demon Deacons (13-6, 3-1 ACC) took a 1-0 series lead over the Tigers (10-6, 3-1 ACC).
In the eighth inning, Charlie Morgan's run-scoring, bloop single tied the score, then Ben Breazeale laced a run-scoring double to left-center to give Wake Forest the lead for good. Chris Okey's two-out, three-run homer on an 0-2 pitch in the fourth inning gave Clemson a 3-1 lead in the fourth inning.
Starter Jack Fischer (2-1) earned the win, while Aaron Fossas recorded his fourth save of the year. Tiger reliever Clate Schmidt (2-3) suffered the loss.
Due to the threat of inclement weather Sunday, the series will conclude with a doubleheader Saturday starting at 1 p.m. There will be approximately 40 minutes in between the nine-inning contests.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Ulric Jones apologizes to Watson, Clemson fanbase
- Game Times Announced for Clemson Football's First 3 Games
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds