|Baseball: Clemson 3 Wake Forest 4 Final|
|Friday, March 14, 2014 8:16 PM-||
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Behind two runs in the eighth inning, Wake Forest rallied to top No. 14 Clemson 4-3 at Wake Forest Baseball Park Friday night. The Demon Deacons (13-6, 3-1 ACC) took a 1-0 series lead over the Tigers (10-6, 3-1 ACC).
In the eighth inning, Charlie Morgan's run-scoring, bloop single tied the score, then Ben Breazeale laced a run-scoring double to left-center to give Wake Forest the lead for good. Chris Okey's two-out, three-run homer on an 0-2 pitch in the fourth inning gave Clemson a 3-1 lead in the fourth inning.
Starter Jack Fischer (2-1) earned the win, while Aaron Fossas recorded his fourth save of the year. Tiger reliever Clate Schmidt (2-3) suffered the loss.
Due to the threat of inclement weather Sunday, the series will conclude with a doubleheader Saturday starting at 1 p.m. There will be approximately 40 minutes in between the nine-inning contests.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits