Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fiesta Bowl - Be creative!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 794

Fiesta Bowl - Be creative!

Dec 6, 2016, 11:57 AM

After reading about the creative ways folks are attempting to get to Phoenix at a low cost...I am wondering if they don't teach students at Clemson (and therefore alumni) to think outside the box. I think at least 3,000 Clemson fans can go for free.

Overview of the steps:

1) Question the validity of our 1 point loss to Pitt - because ultimately this could have resulted in Clemson playing in Atlanta, which would be much less expensive for the fans than playing in Phoenix.

2) Raise about $5 million to finance a serious review of the addition of points on the board, spotting of the football, and re-review of penalties - it is destined to fail, but what the heck, we have helped ensure the integrity of the game.

3) When step 2 fails to overturn the outcome of the Pitt loss at a cost of about $100K......

4) Redirect the remaining funds of $4.9M
5) Rent all of the 950 rooms in the JW Marriott for 4 nights at $500/room - Total Cost = $1.9M
6) Charter 3 Boeing 737's to make 9 round trips from Greenville to Phoenix - Total Cost = $1.6M
7) Purchase the best 3,000 tickets - Total Cost = $1.1M
8) Charter deluxe transportation to/from airport(s) - Total Cost = $.3M

That leaves each of you responsible for your own meals, so technically the trip wouldn't be free.

Unfortunately:

1) I am just an 'idea' type of guy and fall down on the execution
2) I am already booked to Phoenix so my interest level in leading this effort isn't 100%

So..someone else is going to have to pick up the ball if this turns out to be a 'workable scenario'!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fiesta Bowl - Be creative!

Dec 6, 2016, 12:31 PM

What makes you think we could have gotten the Peach Bowl ahead of Alabama, sir? With comparable records--that was never going to happen unless we played the Tide.

Going to Arizona makes it more of a neutral situation than Atlanta when Alabama is playing there.

The cost of these playoff games is absurdly high.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic