Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowl/National Champ markets from a broker's perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,984

Bowl/National Champ markets from a broker's perspective

Dec 6, 2016, 12:50 AM

I posted here last year about tickets and demand and so forth. A Tiger poster from California emailed me and asked me to post what I thought would happen this year. I will try to do so below:

Ticket prices for this year's Fiesta started much lower than they did for Orange and much, much lower than for last year's National Championship. So, a lot of inventory is being bought up already. That being said, Clemson will put a lot more inventory on the market the next week as I suspect they will have a public onsale. But, they will be selling $100 and $150 tickets. The market is already less than that so Clemson having tickets to sell won't impact the market that much. It will bring down the high end tickets as quite a few brokers like myself will get a lot of good inventory directly from Clemson. So, if you want Club or lower premium, wait. Those prices will come way down.

I suspect prices will stay above $50 for get-in and maybe even head back toward $100 the week of the game because of local demand. I have sold about 500 tickets already to the game and about 70% are going to AZ. The majority of the rest are going to Ohio. Local demand will be strong with these prices and should move through most of the inventory the next two weeks. I sold about 100 tickets this evening at $65-$75 and have raised prices for the cheap stuff to $80-$90. My cheap stuff is not the worst of the worst as it is rows 5-10 so I think I might be able to get $80-$100 from here on out.

I will post more if requested once Clemson beats Ohio State but expect prices and demand this year to be much greater than last year. I'm not suggesting a $1000 get-in but I do think it will stay quite a bit above face because of location, size of stadium, size of fanbases within driving distance, and lack of a lot of "get-in" tickets in Tampa because of the design of the stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowl/National Champ markets from a broker's perspective

Dec 6, 2016, 10:42 AM

Thanks so much for your insight into this. I'll wait until next week to see if some of the better seats drop in price.

Re: Bowl/National Champ markets from a broker's perspective

Dec 29, 2016, 8:18 PM

Amy, Enjoy hearing your insight into the ticket trends. Could you give an update on Fiesta Bowl tickets and what you expect the market to do after Alabama wins and then after Clemson books their ticket to Tampa? Thanks

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic