Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice Story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Nice Story

Mar 29, 2015, 9:26 AM

Furman baseball player gives a chance of life

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 8:20 AM EDT
Updated: Mar 29, 2015 8:39 AM EDT
By Heather CarpenterCONNECT

GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -
A Furman baseball player will miss playing against Clemson on Tuesday but it isn't from injury.

Jake Kinsley, a senior, will donate bone marrow Monday to a 55-year-old mother in need.

Kinsley originally tested for matches on Furman's campus while in a class. He wasn't a match but his testing was put into the international Bone Marrow Transplant registry on BeTheMatch.org.

Kinsley received a call during the middle of winter workouts and tested to see if he was a match. He was the perfect match and will now have a chance at saving a woman's life.

Kinsley will miss practice and the game against Clemson. The procedure will last six to eight hours Monday.

Kinsley's last practice before the procedure will be today at 4 p.m. at Latham Stadium on campus.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28641469/furman-baseball-player-gives-a-chance-of-life#ixzz3VmTB3kK0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: Nice Story

Mar 29, 2015, 9:38 AM

I've thought about becoming a bone marrow donor since we tried to use our little girls organs when we lost her. She was to little but we had hoped to help some of the other infants in CMC NICU. I'd love to know that I saved a life. Kudos to the young man for having the heart to do what he is doing. TU to him!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

many thanks...***

Mar 29, 2015, 12:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic