Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Foundation...(long, please read)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 702

The Foundation...(long, please read)

Mar 6, 2015, 4:28 PM

My fellow Clemson Fans...take this moment, this Friday, to bask in the light that will pave the way for many years of Clemson Football success.

It wasn’t that long ago that the cumulative definition of the football program was bleak and lacking some of the key components to deliver on the expectation of the “glory years.”

Doubts were evident and justified, the road ahead was uncertain.

There have been naysayers, doubters, critics and more. But I challenge you all to look back, and then…to look forward.

The uncertainties of the past are exactly that…in the past. And the future of Clemson Football literally defines the phrase “the sky is the limit.”

Once upon a time, I “called in sick” for a National Signing Day event. And then, CJ Spiller. The Cornerstone to what we see today. I dare say however, that Mr. Spiller, sill my favorite of all time, was just a block in the foundation, but not the only reason we are what we have become.

I see today the progeny of that stone, that rock. 110% later, as we expect, our program is fueled by the Tajh Boyd’s, Andre Ellington’s, Sammy Watkins’, Martavis Bryant’s, Grady Jarrett’s, Stephone Anthony’s, Vic Beasley’s…the list goes on…and my apologies to those left out.

Our players then, our players now, our players future…and most importantly the program that is built on the foundation of Dabo Swinney, attracts an entirely different type of name than were used to. No, I’m not only talking of players…I give you Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan, Bill Belichick, Chip Kelly and all 32 NFL teams represented in our recent Pro Day.

CJ’s loyalty, Tajh’s determination, Grady’s letter…and the many more men of Clemson that are key components of this legacy…THIS IS CLEMSON. There is truly “something special in these hills.”

Foundation my fellow Clemson Fans…it is built to stand, it is built to expand, it is built to win.

I leave you with this…(and I’m sure @Dr.NikolaTesla will agree)

The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter - for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way.
- Nikola Tesla

GO TIGERS!!! SPOT THE BALL!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 702
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic