Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 898

Running game

Sep 30, 2014, 12:58 AM

First off, im a huge tiger fan that reads this site daily just never post. My opinion on the running game is not lack of talent or size. Every play we run under chad takes way too long to develope. Im a former running back, coach, and student of the game. Our play action is easy to read, bad acting. All other plays give the defense at least 3-4 seconds before the runner is getting to the line of scrimmage. Thats unexceptable. Dj howard isnt goid enough for this level, period. But the others are ok. Watch any good run team and you will see the back hitting a hole wide open within 2 seconds of the snap. I hate alot of chads play calling, he tries too much smoke and mirror junk and that hurts us alot. Especially in the red zone. Line up under center and run a dive as quick and hard as they can go. Jmho

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running game

Sep 30, 2014, 1:13 AM

IMO, your opinion is dead on. By the time our RBs get to the LOS its totally clogged up. What ever happen to the Pistol formation that was suppose to give our running game a slight edge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running game

Sep 30, 2014, 3:22 AM

We need a center that actually get the ball to them. Deshaun is outstanding at grabbing those errant snaps. I dont know if our backs could. But chad preaches tempo and he hasnt noticed we have terrible tempo on our running plays. In certain situations zone read and counter can work, but not in the redzone when the the line of scrimmage is already crowded. Chad needs to watch some old school tape or study up on wisconsins running game or the bret bielema's new scheme in arkansas. Thats how to run the ball!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 898
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic