Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN: Q & A with Cole Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,861

FB Update: ESPN: Q & A with Cole Stoudt

Jan 24, 2014, 10:40 AM

ESPN: Q & A with Cole Stoudt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll vote for: You've learned everything from him, AND added

Jan 24, 2014, 11:03 AM

a little Cool-Cole Stoudt to it!

i'd say Cole is the QB to beat out for the job...he'll have his plate full to take it.

But Cole has proven to have a level & cool-headed demeanor & hopefully shows us in '14 what he's REALLY made of!
I think he reads the field a little better & thinks quicker, but has needed the knowledge & back-up experience to get ready for this...
He is about to SHOW OUT!!!

Go Tigers! may the best QB win!

This is going to be an interesting QB battle

Jan 24, 2014, 11:33 AM

I like Cole for his experience and he seems to be very accurate. If we can field an OL that can block and also throw in a good RB tandem I'd have no problem with him being the QB. If we have OL issues or only one running back worth playing then I'd lean more towards Chad K based solely on my assumption of his running ability.

If Swinney wants a "smash-mouth spread" team he has to get the OL figured out. Get some JUCO's or something. Earn that pay-grade. In a smash-mouth spread a true dual threat QB doesn't seem as important as a stable of good RBs.

I fear for the day...

Jan 24, 2014, 12:25 PM

when either Chad or Cole wins the job and the first time they mess up or have a bad game....everyone jumps on him and wants the other one to play or says the other one should have started. I don't know who should start, but I trust the coaches on this one.

One thing I do not want is for us to be flip flopping between QBs all season and never get the chance to develop some continuity and rhythm.

I hope this doesn't happen and that even if we do play both of them that the offense can still gel.

Re: I fear for the day...

Jan 24, 2014, 1:29 PM

You know Dabo said that they could easily run a 2-QB system. I don't see why not. It isn't like Chad Kelly has only been at Clemson for one year. He is a redshirt freshmen; meaning that he has had at least two years of the system. Cole Stoudt has had three. Even in the interview Cole mentions that they are able to just draw up the plays and run them because each QB knows the system. If Morris and Swinney can mix up the play calling so that Cole isn't always throwing and Chad isn't always running, the offense can be dangerously unpredictable and much more effective because D Coordinators would have to plan for two effective running QB's. Hard enough having one!!! Not only could it work, but it would be effective....

Jan 24, 2014, 1:45 PM

That's the beauty of this offense. No one will be expecting Cole to run 20x a game. Therefore, defenses will be a preparing to stop the other backs and the passing game. That's what Ga. Tech was looking for when Cole went in and proceded to take the team in for a TD with 3 big runs.

Jan 24, 2014, 2:16 PM

Yea i agree with both of you. I think it can be done. Just scares me.

I am a fan of both QBs. I think either of them could get the job done. So why not both?

Jan 24, 2014, 5:30 PM

All are forgetting a 3rd QB that will be battling for PT. May be best to RS him, but he will put up a good fight.

Cole and Chad are competitive and don't want to lose

Jan 25, 2014, 8:11 AM

I am still torn on this. Like them both. I think Cole has the poise of a starting QB (no off field issues, does the play the coaches call, accurate), but Chad has this furious razor's edge of competitiveness. Who remembers before he was even enrolled in Clemson he was talking trash about taking Cole's job on Twitter?

Let the best man win, and may the back-up not transfer. That is what I want. I will wait for Dabo to call this one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: I fear for the day...to catbird

Jan 24, 2014, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I fear for the day... ]

i'll give you a point for that flashback & top get ya started ;)
i think Cole runs alot better than folks want to realize & that game is a good example of it...teams won't expect it so much with him running for certain!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

I think Cole will be a great year***

Jan 24, 2014, 1:51 PM

Re: I think Cole will be a great year***

Jan 24, 2014, 8:29 PM

I do too. I think he will do fine. However, what if we drop the UGA game, and then drop an unexpected game that we should have won with a terrible performance by him. And possibly another....
do you look to the future, and start Kelly at that point to prepare for the future? It will be a tough year for Stoudt if he gets caught in that position.
He deserves to start, no doubt. He's put in his time, provided he does well.
However, it could easily turn sour if he starts feeling the heat like a few other have (C. Harper, Parker). We have been spoiled the last few years with Tajh at the reigns, but nonetheless, Swinney will be quick to pull early in games if Stoudt isnt performing. Lets hope he is prepared and all the experience he has will show like we all hope! Go Tigers. Go Stoudt!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

I love our QB situation!

Jan 24, 2014, 6:22 PM

All three guys can play!

Has anyone watched Blue Mountain State?

Jan 24, 2014, 8:11 PM

He looks exactly like the QB from that show! Alex Moran =P. Hope he, or Chad, has a great season for the tigers, big shoes to fill after Tajh graduated.

Re: Has anyone watched Blue Mountain State?

Jan 24, 2014, 8:32 PM

The two QB system has rarely worked for anyone. When it has worked, or IF it can, you need two QBs who are like brothers, pulling for each other, OK with sharing the time. From what transpired after the Citadel game when we let a 5th yr senior get a few reps in the last two minutes of his last home game.... senior day for God sakes..... I get the feeling, you'd be going down a very slippery slope.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,861
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic