Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stephen Davis,jr:"I committed too early" (c/p)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 3,491

Stephen Davis,jr:"I committed too early" (c/p)

May 14, 2015, 12:54 AM

Stephen Davis Jr. says he committed to Auburn 'too early'

Last August Stephen Davis Jr. committed to Auburn, where his father was a running back during the 1990s.

During a Nike camp interview with 247Sports Saturday in Charlotte, the four-star safety prospect from Irmo, S.C., indicated that decision may have been a bit premature.

"I think I committed too early," Davis said. "Also, I think they signed a little too many DBs this past year."

The 6-foot-3, 205-pounder added he is currently "70 percent" committed to the Tigers, who signed defensive backs Jordan Colbert, Carlton Davis, Javarius Davis, Jeremiah Dinson and Tim Irvin in February. Auburn also picked up a commitment from 2016 cornerback John Broussard Thursday.

Davis last visited the Plains in March and hopes to return later this month for Big Cat Weekend, Auburn's biggest recruiting event of the spring. He's also considering visits to UCLA and Florida State, while Clemson and South Carolina remain factors.

"When I take my visits to UCLA and Florida State, if I fall in love it might change," he said. "I think (the Tigers) have a great defense. They have Coach (Will) Muschamp and Coach (Travaris) Robinson. I think they're wonderful coaches. It's just that I want to experience my recruitment a little bit."

Davis earned an invitation to Nike's The Opening after his showing at Saturday's camp. He is ranked as the nation's No. 17 athlete in the 247Sports Composite

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Chic filet was too much to pass up.***

May 14, 2015, 8:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 3,491
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic