Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Junior Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,685

Junior Day

Mar 5, 2015, 8:59 PM

Does anyone know whose all planning on coming to Clemson's junior day this weekend?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's some.....

Mar 5, 2015, 9:12 PM

Now I copied this from a post I previously replied to so not all may be applicable (Post was in regards to next commit and those visiting this weekend). Add 2018 QB Dakereon Joyner to it and others but hope this helps.... Got a number of great prospects on hand from OL Parker Boudreaux, OL Clark Yarborough, OL Tyler Pritchett, OL Luke Elder, DL Malik Walker, DE Charles Wiley, OL John Simpson, OL Josh Ball, WR/S Bryce Dixon to name a few.

I don't think it'll be Luke Elder. He just visited Auburn and raved about em. Plus, he grew up an Auburn fan. Bryce Dixon doesn't yet have an offer. Clark Yarborough is wide open. Pritchett is making his rounds and still picking up offers. Charles Wiley is a frickin' stud and I pray we land him. He's been compared to Vic Beasley. Even in a tshirt he still looks like he has shoulder pads on cause he's that big. No joke, he is a hulk that is still growing. Then there's Rahshaun Smith who loves us but doesn't appear to be near a decision. Nonetheless it's awesome to know he's raving about us.

Parker Boudreaux is probably my favorite OL in this class. He likes us but also likes the recruiting process. He's stated he'll announce at a All Star Game next year. Parker's team is primarily a run first team (wing T if I remember correctly) so he'll need some pass protection work but he's got the size and footwork. You won't find a better pulling guard in this class, IMO.

I'll go out on a limb and say WR Diondre Overton is our next commit. Also, Overton is friends with both Cornell Powell and TJ Chase...“We [Chase and Powell] all communicated about it,” Overton said. “We talked a lot about the Wide Receiver U thing, so we’re all trying to come to a decision. I grew up with Cornell when I was in Greenville so I already knew him.”

Now I've gotta add Ball and Wiley but here's what I have on the fellas I listed, FWIW.

Parker Boudreaux 6'4 282 Orlando, FL Bishop Moore Catholic HS. Perhaps the top OL in the 2016 class. Has over 60 offers. ESPN Top 300, #20 OL, 222 overall. 24/7 has him as the #7 OT and #142 overall. 5.13 40, 325 bench, 450 squat. 2nd Team all state Fla 5A. Unofficially visited for UNC game. Plans on attending CU's junior day part 2. Orlando NSFC All Combine Team member. Moving up the boards quickly. After visiting CU, said "Everything was awesome. Probably my favorite visit so far." Also attended the Tigers bowl practice in December. You'd be hard pressed to find a better pulling guard in this class. This young man is going to be special. Crystall ball has it 43% CU, 43% ND, and 14% Fla. Bishop Moore head coach Matt Hedrick said earlier this spring, "He's potentially as good as anyone we've had, or possibly even better. He's not a great technical player yet, but he improved a lot during the year. He's got great feet, but learning how to use them to block people and gain leverage and all of that stuff, he's still learning. He's learning the game." Will be visiting CU in early March 15'. Also plans to visit Bama, Aub, Ole Miss, Miss St. Has stated that he'd like to commit later in the year possibly at an All American Game. Video highlights: http://notredame.scout.com/story/1504836-red-carpet-for-boudreaux

More film: http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=b3cdb459-4329-488c-b3e7-c57dd032b008

Interview: http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/bishop-moore-ot-parker-boudreaux/vCmJ8g/ You'll note in this interview that he stated that he loves the recruiting process and fan mail. Very surprising that he said UK and Ark are showing him the most love.

OL- John Simpson 6-4 270 North Charleston, SC Fort Dorchester HS Per 24/7, he is the #26 OT, #257 overall, and a 4* prospect. Rivals gives him 4*, #7 OT, and #248 overall. Offered on 10/4/14. Visited for scar game and had this to say, “It was a good show, I must admit,” he said. “But I don’t really know how to explain it. It was a great day. I didn’t expect for it to go how it went. I was expecting it to be real close.” Has offers from CU, scar, UofL, Wake, and UGA. Has said Scar is a slight leader at this point. Had this to say on 2/6/15, "I've got to take some more visits," he said. And he has no preference right now between the Gamecocks and Tigers. "I just want to go to the school that gives me the best opportunity with education and on the field." For video highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1513456/john-simpson
An article from Rivals on John, "Simpson emerged this fall as a dominant prospect on the offensive line, showing excellent footwork and good strength while working as a tackle. He will likely play at guard at the next level and with his athleticism, he has the ability to translate his talents into several different types of offensive schemes." Woody Wommack

OT- Clark Yarborough 6-6 268 Woodberry Forest, VA Woodberry FHS 4* by Rivals #16 OT, 187 overall. 24/7 #13 OT and #151 overall. ESPN ranks him as the #16 OT, #165 overall, with an 81 grade. Has an offer from CU and most major schools. His grandfather played at Virigina, as did his cousin. However he says his families' ties to particular schools will play "zero factor" in his decision. He is highly sought after due to his combination of size, length, technique, and agility. On his recruitment, "There are a few schools that really stand out that I'm gonna return back to during the school year," he said. "But I'm not putting out an official list. My recruitment is still very open and I'm not gonna narrow anything down any time soon." According to Yarbrough, a school's proximity to his home could play a small factor in his recruitment, although finding the "right fit" will supersede everything. "I mean, it would be nice to be close to home and be close to my family," he said. "But that's not gonna stop me if I find the right fit. It could be on the other side of the country. But that's just stuff I've got to figure out. " https://tape.preps.com/h/va/woodberry-forest/woodberry-forest-high-school/clark-yarbrough/vs-st-christophers/94747673/

OT Luke Elder 6-5 280 Lagrange, GA Lagrange HS Received an offer at CU's Junior Day. Participated in Georgia's Junior Bowl. Elder is also an excellent student who carries a 4.25 GPA. Has offers from CU, UofL, Miss St, UNC, scar, GaSu, and others. Film: http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=8acad40b-9abc-4704-ab1a-72267d5fa578

More film: https://tape.preps.com/h/ga/lagrange/lagrange-high-school/luke-elder/vs-shaw-high-school/108638688/

DT Malik Walker 6-1 260 Montezuma, GA Macon County. A 24/7 Composite 3*, #35 SDE, #651 in the nation. A 3* prospect from ESPN. Nike Sparq verified 5.10 40, 22.7" vertical, 310 bench, and 445 squat. Has offers from Neb, UT, GT, UCLA, CU, and others. Was on campus for the UofL game.“Coach Swinney said they are high on me,” Walker said. “He said, just watch Jarrett. He said I could be like the next Jarrett. I could see myself playing there. I loved it,” he said of the Clemson visit. “I feel like I can play there. I like what coach Venables is doing.” Walker plans to return to Clemson for the USC game. ” CU offered last May. Has visited UT and stated they were on top. During his sophomore year had 57 tackles, 13 TFL, and 8 sacks. For game film: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1527968/malik-walker

DE/LB Rahshaun Smith 6-2 226 4* Baltimore, MD St. Frances HS (recently transferred to Florida's IMG Academy) #1 DE by Rivals, #10 overall. 24/7 recently listed him as the #4 SDE and 48 overall. Crystall ball: 45% Oklahoma, 27% Clemson, 27% FSU. In 2014, named first team All Metro. Had 111 tackles and two INTs. Has taken unofficials to WVU, Bama, CU, MD, and PSU twice. Visited for the Syracuse game. Visited for 2015 junior day. Being recruited by Brent Venables. 4.5 40, 30.3" vertical, and Sparq rating of 76.89. Has offers from most majors including Bama, CU, FSU, Okla, Fla, Mich, PSU, and UT. Had this to say after visiting CU this fall; “I loved it,” he said. “It definitely was an eye opening visit. It changed my mind about Clemson and got me thinking about them. Their coaching staff is great. They work well with the players. It’s not only about football, it’s a family based program. Clemson’s defensive is fast, physical, aggressive and they swarm to the ball.” Has the size and speed reminiscent of Vic Beasley.

Video:
More film: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1646245/highlights/15254374

DE Charles Wiley- 6'2.5 234 Ran an official 4.47 40. I'll have more on him later for you. Article: Charles Wiley (AJC) Best defensive end: Charles Wiley, 6-2.5, 235, Stockbridge High School: This pick is going to surprise some people, considering the other elite players in the game at the same position. I first heard about Wiley from WSB’s Zach Klein, who had never before called to tell me about a kid. But he watched Wiley in the state playoffs, and was blown away. Everybody else is, too, after watching Wiley this week. He’s a high-motor player who make plays. In Tuesday’s game, he finished second on his team in tackles with 7, and had 3.5 tackles for losses. Even when he didn’t register a stat on a play, he was creating problems – forcing the quarterback out of the pocket or forcing running backs to go in a different direction. Here’s 247sports.com’s Rusty Mansell: “You know, you look at him. He’s the first guy you send off the bus with the way he’s built. He’s 6-foot-2.5 inches and 235 pounds. He’s barrel-chested. He has got big arms. He’s physically ready for college as a junior in high school. He has such a good motor. He just plays so hard. I think he’s a mix between Carl Lawson and Bryson Allen-Williams. Those guys play extremely fast and extremely hard. The question: Where does he fit in a defense? Is he going to be a 4-3 defensive end like Carl or is he going to stand up and play linebacker like Bryson did at South Carolina? Regardless of that, that guy is going to be a high-level recruit.”

Re: Here's some.....

Mar 5, 2015, 10:03 PM

Thank for the awesome reply!

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,685
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic