Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you oppose a U.S. NHS, you are a nut, right Geechie?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 604

If you oppose a U.S. NHS, you are a nut, right Geechie?

Aug 23, 2009, 9:43 AM

You guys want no opposition, no debate and no alternate plans. It is amazing to me that you expect the whole country to blindly accept radical economic change put forth by your guy Obama and the little group surrounds him. Rather than try and slam those who don't want a single payer (read government) healthcare system, why not debate the component parts of this in the relative merits of what is being discussed? Everyone agrees that the system needs to be reformed but why is the government system the only system that can work?

BTW, Geechie, I've never seen you debate anything on here. You post hit pieces from New Yorkers and then insult people who don't agree with them. Why don't you roll up your sleeves and do a little debate of the issues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what if I want to keep my BlueCross/Blue Shield?

Aug 23, 2009, 10:10 AM

I don't wanna join the U.S. NHS! I like what I have now!

You can until the public option drives 'em out of biness.***

Aug 23, 2009, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That means they were charging too much***

Aug 23, 2009, 12:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what if the pub option runs at a several billion per year

Aug 23, 2009, 3:27 PM

loss? Name a govt. agency that runs at break even on the activity that it is engaged in?

But, it would be run by a govt. agency and that's okay.

Aug 23, 2009, 3:29 PM

Govt. is much better then those greedy capitalist.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I think you can keep it as long as you have your present job

Aug 23, 2009, 5:54 PM [ in reply to But what if I want to keep my BlueCross/Blue Shield? ]

, but if you change jobs or coverage then you get stuck with government funded healthcare.

But I work for the Fed gov't! I don't want their healthcare!

Aug 23, 2009, 6:56 PM

My wife works for the state, and has much better coverage. Will Obama make me take the government funded healthcare if I quit working for the Feds? That would be weird.

Isn't the whole country debating it right now, and whether

Aug 23, 2009, 10:37 AM

we have a public option or not, something good may come out of the debate like:

1. A law that sez insurance companies have to provide an afffordable option to people with preexisting conditions.

Debating what an affordable option is would be would be a good place to start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The country isn't debating it. The country has made it very

Aug 23, 2009, 11:05 AM

clear that this is NOT wanted.

Like when Obama was elected?

Aug 23, 2009, 11:12 AM

BTW, I think the majority are against it right now because they have no details as far as how much it will cost them and procedures it will cover, etc.

That's why I'm against it.

The loud shout downs at the town hall meetings don't really mean a thing.

you know how a democracy works?***

Aug 23, 2009, 6:54 PM

wrong Obama was elected on hopes for a public option

Aug 23, 2009, 1:00 PM [ in reply to The country isn't debating it. The country has made it very ]

PUBS lost get over it

Yes, but he said no taxes on the middle class, etc, etc, etc

Aug 23, 2009, 1:26 PM

Truth is he can't do it without falling back on all his promises, and even his voters have turned on him.

I guess Obama didn't realize how bad the PUBS left America

Aug 23, 2009, 5:24 PM

Most Dems won't made helping their country with an tax increase unlike some of the Tea party anti-america PUBS

^^ Official crock of sheet ^^***

Aug 23, 2009, 5:39 PM

That dems aren't opposed to paying taxes?

Aug 23, 2009, 10:08 PM

No, that's a rather obvious truth.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't seem to be opposed to someone else...

Aug 23, 2009, 10:10 PM

paying more taxes.

I don't hear about too many people sending in extra (which is allowed btw).

LOL

Aug 23, 2009, 10:14 PM

voting consistently for politicians that raise their taxes isn't enough for you?

I didn't say dems wanted to pay more than their fair share, I said they seem to not mind paying their share, whereas pubs whine about every tenth of a percentage point increase...and then have the nerve to call themselves the patriotic party.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a patriotic American willing to subsidize SC.....

Aug 23, 2009, 10:19 PM

after all, my father lives there.

And as he always said......"thank Ghod for Mississippi"

Puhlease. Spare me the handbook rhetoric tonight....

Aug 23, 2009, 10:22 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

I would have thought you would have exhausted that in your C&P from that blog.

Conservatives aren't opposed in principle to paying their fair share. We are opposed to paying for wasteful programs that continue to spiral out of control. We are opposed to supporting a health care plan carefully crafted such that everyone thinks only the "rich" will have to pay more. We are opposed to the ever-increasing level of federal spending and mounting debt that will ultimately bankrupt our country. We are opposed to the entitlement mentality. We are opposed to increasing levels of federal control which run counter to the Constitution and the intentions of our founding fathers.

It's not all about personal income taxes paid. It's also about the general direction of government. I'm opposed to the current dem health "plan" for many many reasons, not the least of which is I know we have no way of actually paying for it.

Also, the very thought that somehow blindly accepting increasing tax burden somehow equates to patriotism makes me want to puke on my monitor. You and the VP can wallow in that line of BS if you want, but most don't buy it.

Seems as though it always comes back to money...

Aug 23, 2009, 10:24 PM

the insurance companies thank you for your service, hopefully you'll never get to be too expensive for them, so that they may show you the same loyalty.

Sad that after reading my post that was the best you....

Aug 23, 2009, 10:32 PM

could come up with.

Oh well...time for bed now.

Funny that moments after condescending to me

Aug 23, 2009, 10:48 PM

you'd ask me not to do the same to you, and expect anything different.

How do you like my Jersey money?

Aug 23, 2009, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Puhlease. Spare me the handbook rhetoric tonight.... ]

Does it spend just as well? Probably better.

Maybe one day I'll drive across the new Cooper River bridge that I paid for.....more than you did.....

Umm....ok......

Aug 23, 2009, 10:32 PM

psst...I don't live in SC.

You think I favor massive federal redistribution of funds on such things? Not sure what ever gave you that idea.

My apologies. I'd like to eventually retire to the state of

Aug 23, 2009, 10:40 PM

my birth. And subsidizing it while I work does not #### me off. Kind of a backassward social security.

It's just too bad we Yankees are still subsidizing SC.

But I'm happy to keep 2ndgeneration in grits

I agree. I think it's a terrible system.***

Aug 24, 2009, 8:13 AM

Also, there's huge difference in debate and shouting

Aug 23, 2009, 10:42 AM

people down at town hall meetings.

Scheduling the meetings around the country by members of congress shows people want debate.

I can't recall an issue with more debate. While much of it

Aug 23, 2009, 10:47 AM

has been ill-informed, the issue has certainly been the object of everyone's attention.

geechie doesn't debate anything, though. All C&P, all the

Aug 23, 2009, 11:07 AM

time. None of the NYT pieces I've seen do much to clarify the issue, either. They're so in the tank for Obama on this issue, they can't understand why anyone is fearful of a sweeping mandate of trillions of dollars in a dicey economic climate.

Any reasonable person could understand reluctance to grant the government this much power; they don't have to agree with that reluctance, but they could understand it. The example of the implementation of the Great Society has produced generations of people who know no other way of living, and had a great part in destroying the role of responsible fatherhood, comes to mind as a well-intentioned fiasco.

I also think everyone on the right on this issue understands what joeg is saying about providing coverage for pre-existing conditions; with so many unemployed, when the economy picks up and these people go back to work at other places of employment, it isn't fair for insurance companies to deny coverage for that reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

factcheck.org does a great job of sorting through the...

Aug 23, 2009, 11:24 AM

garbage. While some of the fears are based on misconception, many of the fears are very much legitimate despite the categorical dismissal of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coverage for medical and dental at my household would cost

Aug 23, 2009, 12:04 PM

about $810 per month at my workplace; at my wife's workplace, there is better coverage for about $200 per month. The difference is due to larger company and higher profit margins, plus providing coverage to all employees at a blue-collar manufacturing industry.

Could the government adminstrate the same coverage for less than the lower figure? the upper figure? Who knows?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PS. They both are deducted BEFORE taxes.***

Aug 23, 2009, 12:06 PM

Geechie only understands C&P posts. Please repost in

Aug 23, 2009, 11:04 AM

that form.

If, in your curtain of blind hate for anything Dem. could be

Aug 23, 2009, 12:48 PM

parted and you could come close to telling me my position on everything instead of telling lies about me, we could indeed have a discussion.

My stance is that every citizen of the USA should have medical insurance. Millions do not. All the pubs do is attack, they have put no plan forward. The Dems. I hope will remedy this situation with or without pub. input.

Biggest difference between us - I will listen some of the time instead of posting trash 24/7 designed for points from your unwavering pub. buddies.

Now rail on without me and wait for my next op-ed that is infinitely more informed than any post you will ever make.

a lot of irony there...

Aug 23, 2009, 1:13 PM

there are lots of Republican ideas and plans. You'll have to hit search on the NYTs website to find them. Just kidding, NYTs doesn't talk about that stuff.

You might have to venture over to Google. Problem is for you, Republican plans = no public option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's interesting that no one posts those Republican plans

Aug 23, 2009, 1:39 PM

and ideas in the lunge. What's even more interesting is that no one posts Republican pieces from conservative newspapers, period.

For example, I've posted more pieces from The Washington Times than anyone else, and it is arguably second only to the Wall Street Journal in its conservative bent. Why don't you or others post from the Pulliam family's former Central Newspapers, Inc. holdings such as Indianapolis Star, Indianapolis News, Phoenix Gazette, or Arizona Republic? They are now Gannet papers. Others not in their system but of note, include The Oklahoman, New York Post, Washington Examiner, or Dallas Morning News.

Instead, most C&P's from the right are either unknown wing-nut blogs, or paid think-tank shills for idealogy. Why don't I see pieces from Tony Blankley, Cal Thomas, George Will and other mainstream conservatives?

Message was edited by: phitiger®

here's a few on this "blog"...

Aug 23, 2009, 1:48 PM

although they will receive no attention. The party in power will not discuss these and most of the news channels aren't interested. They've put all their eggs in one basket.

http://www.cprights.org/plans.php

Message was edited by: franc1968®

LOL!!! Go down to the bottom of the homepage and

Aug 23, 2009, 2:15 PM

in barely legible ###### you will see "About Us." Take a look at who is responsible for that Blog and that non-profit organization.

Why surprise, surprise!! It's $1.7 billion, Rick Scott, of Columbia/HCA fame!!! You just underscored my point above. He's a paid shill for the insurance industry.

Come on franc, there are lots of regularly published conservatives in legitimate media who can make the case; they don't all have to be shills or in some lobby group's tank.

did you look at the page I linked?...

Aug 23, 2009, 2:19 PM

all it is is bland details of different plans both democrat and republican, no comment what they mean, just what they entail.

But congratulations on finding that before examining the information.

Sorry phi, typical ploy is to try to immediately dismiss before one discusses.

lol...

Aug 23, 2009, 2:21 PM

you inferred there were no republican ideas, and you are surprised I had to find them on a conservative site. Kind of makes my point.

Yes, I have looked at his stuff. I laid out my challenge

Aug 23, 2009, 2:24 PM [ in reply to did you look at the page I linked?... ]

above and you walked right back into it.

Rick Scott is one of the shill idealogues that I referenced. He has no credibility; he lost it years ago when his company pleaded guilty to fraud. He's never regained it either, even in the eyes of most Republicans. He makes a mockery of Conservative's attempts to communicate with reasonable people.

Once again, why not a real live, legitimate columnist, or a real live reporter from a legitimate Conservative media organization?

Really, franc, your party and your cause does have some legitimate voices if you would just post them. Why not?

good ideas are on that page...

Aug 23, 2009, 2:28 PM

Coburn, Demint, Jindal, etc. They are there, just not getting any play with the people in power now. But yes, I do blame Republicans for not doing anything before now. Unfortunately, right now they are in the stands watching at it is their own fault, but this "Republicans have no ideas" is disingenuous.

I generally write my own analysis. Conservativealex posted

Aug 23, 2009, 3:08 PM [ in reply to It's interesting that no one posts those Republican plans ]

the best piece that I've seen on a new plan for health care. It was written by the CEO of WHole Foods who now is facing a boycott campaign organized by a bunch of lefty wackos.

That would be the same demographic group that helped

Aug 23, 2009, 3:13 PM

make his company what it is today, and it's why it created so much controversy.

By the way, CA consistently posts stories from legitimate mainstream conservative publications including Pat Buchanan and George Will among others. Even APM posts Buchanan and he is hardly a conservative.

My point is very simple: there are many legitimate mainstream conservative media groups around, yet hardly any of the Pubs or Conservatives in the lunge use them. Instead, they are fixed on the blogs and the paid shills from the subscription driven think tanks.

It makes one question just how wide or broad their readings really are.

Many of us are capable of stating OUR opinions...

Aug 23, 2009, 4:54 PM [ in reply to It's interesting that no one posts those Republican plans ]

without the need to have someone do it for us and then C&P it here.

I've posted the main GOP plan here at least once I know.

I've certainly stated my personal opinions on where we need to go as a country on health care more than once.

Sadly flow, you are in the minority of those who post. If

Aug 23, 2009, 5:03 PM

the shoe fits, wear it. If it don't, why sweat it?

Most of the opposition comes from the over paid health

Aug 23, 2009, 1:06 PM

care & insurance companies. Other opposition is from PUBS who want to see Obama fail so the pubs gain seats. Most of the PUBS voters will benefit from the Healhcare reform but are sheep following Glenn Beck, Bill Oreily, a Rush...

It's that very reasoning that will CAUSE the dems to lose...

Aug 23, 2009, 5:04 PM

seats in the next election.

most folks that are opposed to the proposed dem plan have legitimate concerns over the workability, cost, and general ideology of such a plan. The very fact that you dismiss most of the opposition as coming from insurance companies and folks wanting Obama to fail shows how out of touch you are. Unfortunately do you, supporters of this plan share the same misguided outlook, which will ultimately be the undoing of this plan and many of the seats held by dems in Congress.

Geechie doesn't debate because he doesn't have to.

Aug 23, 2009, 4:47 PM

All he has to do is just post "geechie" and we all know his position.

That's why he can just post wacky, nonsensical ravings like a drunk hillbilly.

An' wots wrong wiff da NHS guv'nuh?

Aug 23, 2009, 5:32 PM

Seriously, this "debate" sickens me because it is all about the benjamins (lawyer money, insurance company money, politicians's money) and lost in it all is the dire shape many people in this country are in because of the problems with our system.

Did you know Doctors Without Borders comes to this area and has to turn people away? It is frikkin' unconscionable that a frikkin' FRENCH aid organization is not able to keep up with demand in our country. That is just wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lemme tell you 'bout demand in dis country son.

Aug 23, 2009, 6:48 PM

we are lazy out of shape gluttons who only venture to the doc when we weigh 800 lbs and can't find a job.

Suck it up son.

We live life large and then panic when we can't fit into our size 52 jordache jeans.

in most countries, stupid dies out real quick.

point for the funny.***

Aug 23, 2009, 8:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you are saying, APM, that Medicaid does not work

Aug 23, 2009, 7:15 PM [ in reply to An' wots wrong wiff da NHS guv'nuh? ]

well for the poor then? Also, there are plenty of people that simply do not wish to buy health insurance because they'd rather spend the money on other things. The worst bit about our system is that qualifying for reasonably priced insurance if you have a pre-existing condition is very difficult unless you belong to a large "group" through your employer.

I don't disagree with either point (medicaid, large groups).

Aug 23, 2009, 8:13 PM

But our problems go much much deeper. The descrepancy, for example, between Primary Care docs and specialists. The inability of Primary Care docs to get paid when they try to do the right thing by helping the poor or uninsured. At least 50% of the average medical bill is for CYA for the docs.

To quote your favorite adulterous NC politician, it doesn't have to be this way.

Which is exactly why the dems want to push for some...

Aug 23, 2009, 9:12 PM

reasonable level of tort reform as part of this bill.

oh wait.......

lol. Seriously, torts is a huge part of the problem.***

Aug 23, 2009, 9:31 PM

Yes it is....I get a kick out of some of the dems trying....

Aug 23, 2009, 9:36 PM

to paint the insurance industry as being too powerful in DC (which they may be) while many are in the pockets of the trial lawyers.

Any serious health care reform has to serious address the direct and indirect cost of malpractice insurance in the system.

Replies: 58
| visibility 604
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic