Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Peake back at practice, talks about health of his knee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: Peake back at practice, talks about health of his knee

Aug 18, 2014, 12:58 PM

Peake back at practice, talks about health of his knee

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope so....***

Aug 18, 2014, 1:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peake was the second best WR on the field against UGA

Aug 18, 2014, 1:02 PM

So whenever someone says we'll miss Sammy and Bryant from last year I can't help but remember that of the two of them Peake was the one who was more consistent and looked prime and ready to take the No.2 WR position from Bryant.

Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great.

Aug 18, 2014, 1:03 PM

Greatness that can't be coached, only observed and admired.

From the end zone...***

Aug 18, 2014, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great.

Aug 18, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

and stoudt is so much better than Boyd as well......

Aug 18, 2014, 1:10 PM

Bad news huh mutt??? I sure hope Malcolm Mitchell Plays, he will be a Great test for Alexander( 5*) CB

Mitchell won't survive the game with his creampuff knees.***

Aug 18, 2014, 1:16 PM

Aug 18, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

oh you mean the 5-star that redshirted? Gurley will be a great test for Alexander. Should be fun to watch.

Aug 18, 2014, 1:59 PM

*medical redshirted...

And yes, that will be fun to watch...Alexander in the backfield, Gurley down behind the line of scrimmage.

Girly better hope he can get thru Jarrett, Stephone, et al

Aug 18, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

before he thinks about Mac.

Gurley will see a lot of Mr. Steward in his grille....***

Aug 18, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

Aug 18, 2014, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

Exactly Moron!! He had a Injury.

Im not buying that Stoudt has a better arm than Boyd

Aug 18, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

or can be as effective as runner as Boyd, but when things break down and it comes to going through progressions to find that 2nd or 3rd read Stoudt will be lights out better than Boyd. Boyd was notorious for locking into to his primary read and not being able to go through his progressions when that option wasnt available. He would simply panic and try to force it in there anyway often resulting in a turnover or immediately try to scramble instead of finding the 2nd or 3rd read or hitting the check down.

So how do we know Stoudt is any better about that?

Aug 18, 2014, 1:52 PM

I agree that one result of Stoudt's lesser arm talent than Boyd will probably be less risk taking, but what evidence do we have the Stoudt is great at reading the defense?

Same thing that I've been wondering,

Aug 18, 2014, 2:01 PM

Cole has never started a game, but he's already cooler under pressure, better at making reads and following his progressions, more careful with the ball, and can run the offense faster and more efficiently than Boyd.

Mostly wishful thinking and trying to downplay Boyd

Aug 18, 2014, 2:05 PM

Folks, we don't need to talk Boyd down to build Cole up.

I wasnt trying to talk Boyd down at all, Boyd was great

Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM

but if we are honest, one of his criticisms was always that he locked onto receivers and forced the issue a lot. Again im not saying Cole will be as good as Boyd and as a complete qb as Boyd, in fact I do think there will be a drop off. However, I think Cole will be asked more to manage the offense and I believe based on the limited action he faced that Cole will be a good game manager and may reduce some of the turnovers or negative plays.

Re: I wasnt trying to talk Boyd down at all, Boyd was great

Aug 18, 2014, 7:37 PM

Cole being a game manager is all we need...nothing more, nothing less and let the defense do the rest. Defense wins championships, and I feel Cole understands this concept, much more than Boyd did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same thing that I've been wondering,

Aug 18, 2014, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Same thing that I've been wondering, ]

Against whom??

just from watching when he did play through the years

Aug 18, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to So how do we know Stoudt is any better about that? ]

yes it was usually mop up or game was out of reach but if you pay attention to the decision making you can see it. Rather it be throwing the ball away or hanging in the pocket and finding an open guy or just avoiding negative plays. If you look at the stats, again realizing it may not have been against starters, he did a great job of avoiding turnovers or avoiding negative plays. Here are stats from ESPN

SEASON CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SAC
2013 79.7 7.03 44 5 0 2
2012 69.2 5.44 27 3 1 0
2011 57.1 5.48 50 0 0 2

As you can see, He had a 8 TD: 1 INT ratio (including 0 int last season where he saw the most pt); out of 119 pass attempts (not including pass plays that he may have scrambled for no gain or small yardage) he was only sacked 4 times. Now I would have liked to see ypa higher but as stated this was usually mop up so Chad wasnt exactly opening the playbook up.

Now this is no guarantee that now as a starter going against 1st string defenses these numbers will continue. However, simply evaluating his game thus far and looking at the small things and mental things when he did play is promising that he doesnt seem to press alot and takes whats there. This will be important cause I feel with our defense if he can be a good game manager and avoid the negative and turnovers we can do a lot. The points per game and big pass plays may go down but we may possess the ball more and eat up bigger chunks of clock while keeping the defense out of bad situations.

Re: just from watching when he did play through the years

Aug 18, 2014, 11:52 PM

I can't argue with that. Hope you are rig ht.

Re: So how do we know Stoudt is any better about that?

Aug 18, 2014, 11:48 PM [ in reply to So how do we know Stoudt is any better about that? ]

No evidence whatever.

Aug 18, 2014, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

Yep Gurley was a great test last year also but guess what Georgia still got a$$ beat!

Aug 18, 2014, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

How can you say that about Stoudt? He's never been tested against an elite team. And his throwing two bad pics in
the last scrimmage doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
I don't see him as a top-tier QB who can really lead our team to victory. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll fold. Lacking speed, the pass rush will massacre him.
Hope I'm wrong,

Your butt sniffing is getting really old...By the way, wrong***

Aug 18, 2014, 11:48 PM

Re: Your butt sniffing is getting really old...By the way, wrong***

Aug 18, 2014, 11:54 PM

You should know.

Aug 19, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep, but the Dawgs freshman walk-on CB's are simply great. ]

Guess it's good all QB's aren't perfect all the time, especially against what could be one of the best defenses in the nation in practice. *sih*

Probably also good to note in the same practice day, Mason threw a pick 6.

And how about those blocks Sammy threw for him against UGA.***

Aug 18, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Peake was the second best WR on the field against UGA ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was about to have a Nuk-type break-out season.

Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM

I hope starts this year where he left off.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic