|Peake back at practice, talks about health of his knee|
|by Nikki Hood - Staff Writer - Monday, August 18, 2014 12:56 PM||
Redshirt junior wide receiver Charone PeakeCharone Peake
RS Jr. Wide Receiver
#19 6-3, 204
View Full Profile missed most of the 2013 season with a torn ACL and reinjured his knee, tearing the meniscus, the day before fall camp opened. Peake had minor surgery to repair the meniscus in early August and has spent the last two weeks rehabbing his knee.
The Moore (SC) Dorman product returned to the practice field at full speed for the first time Monday morning. He said it felt good to finally be back on the field with his teammates.
“It feels good. I got a little taste of it during the summer, but it’s been about a year since I’ve been out there with my teammates,” Peake told the media. “It feels really good to be back out there.”
Although his knee isn’t 100-percent quite yet, Peake feels confident that he can do anything asked of him by the coaches.
“I feel good. I’m not far from 100-percent but it will come,” Peake said. “I feel like I’ve still got my same speed and can cut the same. I’m just getting the little stuff taken care of with treatment. There is no hesitation at all. My knee feels nice and strong.”
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2015 Hype Video
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- TV Network Affiliates for Wofford at Clemson
- Tony Steward suffers knee injury against Steelers