|Peake back at practice, talks about health of his knee|
|Staff Writer - 2014-08-18 12:56:41.0-||
Redshirt junior wide receiver Charone PeakeCharone Peake
RS Jr. Wide Receiver
#19 6-3, 204
View Full Profile missed most of the 2013 season with a torn ACL and reinjured his knee, tearing the meniscus, the day before fall camp opened. Peake had minor surgery to repair the meniscus in early August and has spent the last two weeks rehabbing his knee.
The Moore (SC) Dorman product returned to the practice field at full speed for the first time Monday morning. He said it felt good to finally be back on the field with his teammates.
“It feels good. I got a little taste of it during the summer, but it’s been about a year since I’ve been out there with my teammates,” Peake told the media. “It feels really good to be back out there.”
Although his knee isn’t 100-percent quite yet, Peake feels confident that he can do anything asked of him by the coaches.
“I feel good. I’m not far from 100-percent but it will come,” Peake said. “I feel like I’ve still got my same speed and can cut the same. I’m just getting the little stuff taken care of with treatment. There is no hesitation at all. My knee feels nice and strong.”
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Photo: Billboard tribute for Bert Henderson
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson documentary "One Shot"