Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tip of the cap to women's golf team
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 11
| visibility 1295

Tip of the cap to women's golf team

May 21, 2024, 2:36 PM

Unfortunately their season came to an end in the 1st round of match play at the NCAA championships. Paired w/ USC, we were in several matches but Isabella Rawl's opponent shot lights out down the stretch to hold her (& collectively) our team off.

Was really hoping for some team hardware to cap the week in Cali, but our girls have had a heck of a run the past couple seasons. This season's accomplishments were even more noteworthy with our best player, Savannah Grewal, foregoing the rest of her eligibility mid-season. We also have another wrapping up her career in Tigertown, as Annabelle Pancake will move on after this season following what should be an All-American year following the finish of this season (10th @ ACC, 2nd @ NCAA regional, & 7th @ NCAA nationals).

With 3 Juniors, 2 Sophomores, & a Freshman returning, the potential is there for Clemson women's golf to climb higher next season - & I for 1 hope they will.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tip of the cap to women's golf team

May 21, 2024, 2:38 PM

Indeed...they deserve a standing O & a tip of the cap for an awesome season that hopefully sets a standard for the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well done .. come back home pronouns. you've earned a rest.***

May 21, 2024, 2:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 21, 2024, 2:46 PM

Is it common for players to leave during the year? Hard for me to get a grip with F-ing over your teammates like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had an opportunity to go pro and took it

May 21, 2024, 2:51 PM

With absolutely no personal knowledge, I think she qualified for the LPGA and took it.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/lpga/article/canadas-savannah-grewal-fires-course-record-64-in-just-her-second-lpga-event-as-a-pro/

I suspect the team and coaches understood and wished her well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This...

May 21, 2024, 3:03 PM

Yes it would've been nice to still have her to finish up the year, but can't fault her for getting opportunity to go pro & get paid to play the game. It's happened on both the men's & women's side of the sport.

It took the girls a bit to adjust but they finished season pretty well once they got their legs steady again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had an opportunity to go pro and took it

May 21, 2024, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Had an opportunity to go pro and took it ]

Yes she already had a top 3 finish in an LPGA event as well!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was hoping they could take home out first womens sports national title

May 21, 2024, 3:14 PM

Looks like an all pac 12 final four

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 6:51 PM

Excellent year! The team is building the foundation for future years of success. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tip of the cap to Our Gals . . .

May 21, 2024, 7:15 PM

Proud of you All . . . Thank you for representing the Paw!!!

Re: Tip of the cap to Our Gals . . .

May 21, 2024, 8:34 PM

May be my favorite tip of all time. Didnt realize you were such a young good looking buck.

We have less than 4 months before they tee it up again. Goes for everyone that sees this post. If you see or hear of any summer events, please post. I'll keep an eye out too. Past, present, and future.

I'm sure they'll get recognized at one of our home games. They should. Also hope there's a decent crowd welcoming them back.

@dhood - it would be a welcomed treat if you sat down with the coaches (Hester and Byrd) this summer and had an in depth q&a on the accomplishments and future.

@tigerlinks thanks for your invaluable in depth analysis and course details. I would certainly appreciate it on any of the tournaments past or present golfers. Know you're busy, but thanks again.

Last rambling thought!!! Men tee it up this week in California! We'll be watching.

Skeeta56®, TigerLinks®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tip of the cap to Our Gals . . .

May 21, 2024, 9:11 PM

Awesome job Tigers

Great year, excited for the future

Way to go Ladies

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1295
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic