Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 3,101

Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC

Mar 28, 2024, 10:56 AM

It appears that the account to fund the exit was found:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/south-carolina-found-a-state-bank-account-with-1-8b-but-they-have-no-idea-what-it-s-for/ar-BB1kDQgJ?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=5aabfe923384437188e9eb0ca1e5f560&ei=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC

Mar 28, 2024, 10:56 AM

Here's a novel idea: give it back to the taxpayers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:02 AM

How about helping to repair roads/bridges.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 11:06 AM

wat bout edjucation?

Mar 28, 2024, 11:23 AM

No correlation between spending, after the basics are met, and better educational outcomes.

Mar 28, 2024, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC ]

That's a lost cause. No need wasting more money on a broken system that is useless.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they can't even complete road projects in under 8years in this state***

Mar 28, 2024, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC ]

How about funding the unfunded pension obligations that are the largest in the USA and threatens to bankrupt South Carolina? The average person has no idea what dire straits SC is in... SC is behind by 27.5 billion dollars to the pension fund it owes to state workers. Last year it has 3.7 billion dollars in interest payments alone. They continue to not fund the pension program which means they borrow the money to just barely keep up and distract us with roads and bridges.

Basically every state faces this

Mar 28, 2024, 12:44 PM

Maybe people with some brains and courage will eliminate all pensions funded by taxpayers. It’s insane the amount the state pays people for not working.
Get on a 401K plan like the folks who actually fund these pensions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC ]

Ha! It won't bankrupt South Carolina. They'll just reduce benefits. That's what pensions do when they run out of $.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably

Mar 28, 2024, 11:04 AM

stupid enough to give it to him.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably

Mar 28, 2024, 11:22 AM

sure. Trump put more money in your pocket and the rest of the country's without inflation and not only did not take a dime as potus but gave it to charity. You must hate money.

don't worry, the NY AG will force Trump to give it to the state***

Mar 28, 2024, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't worry, the NY AG will force Trump to give it to the state***

Mar 28, 2024, 1:07 PM

Yeah how are all those bs lawsuits working out for you? Last I heard trumps net worth has doubled. All you loser commies can go suck a fat one. Lol

Re: Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably

Mar 28, 2024, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably ]

TDS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget 10% to the big guy, just like the Ukrainian and Chinese money

Mar 28, 2024, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably ]

the bidens have taken in.

Mar 28, 2024, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably ]

Just shut up you libtard. No one mentioned anything about politics. You people need to seek psychiatric help for your TDS.

Mar 28, 2024, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably ]

I don't think he needs it....headline from Bloomberg article yesterday

"Trump’s Net Worth Hits $6.5 Billion, Making Him One of World’s 500 Richest People"

I see you post a lot about Trump on here but sadly you are very informed. I wish you would take maybe 15 minutes out of the daily

Mar 28, 2024, 1:11 PM

Got cut off in last post but see below

I see you post a lot about Trump on here but sadly you are very uninformed. I wish you would take maybe 15 minutes out of the daily 8 hours you spend on tigernet and read a bit of news not run by communists in legacy media

Mar 28, 2024, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Nah, Donald Trump will claim that money is his, and South Carolina is probably ]

And yet his business reputation is such that NO ONE will fund a $454 million bond for him in New York. At $6.5 BILLION net worth, you would think he would have many more liquid millions than that laying around, anyway.

BTW, for you and others, I am a "bleeding heart libtard" conservative Republican who voted for Trump, TWICE. I held my nose both times, and picked the lesser evil. There IS no lesser evil now, as Trump showed his true colors when he lost the election and tried to overturn the results. I will have to waste my vote this time, either via write in, or by voting Independent.

Others have pointed out that Trump helped the bottom line for myself and others. While that is true, the mental instability he has shown since losing the last election makes that a small issue this time around. We have TWO candidates running who are BOTH mentally unstable, just in different ways.

End of politics, no more replies on this one from me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. Because there is not one truth in your post***

Mar 28, 2024, 4:07 PM

Mar 28, 2024, 11:15 AM

Here's the most disturbing thing to me as a taxpayer. Someone knew about this account and was actively tracking deposits over the last years. How much money was skimmed for personal gain by whomever.

You don't just find TWO BILLION DOLLARS in some random account and not have any accountability for it. That's BILLION WITH A B!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did you say $2B when it was $1.8B

Mar 28, 2024, 11:24 AM

I think we found who’s been skimming that account!!

Mar 28, 2024, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Major progress for Clemson to exit ACC ]

Exactly!

Mar 28, 2024, 12:29 PM

What a joke. No oversight and accountability leads to these things I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 12:30 PM

Probably the bogus extra road fees they tack onto our car property taxes they do nothing with.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:40 PM

A couple of things come to mind when I think of our lawmakers in Columbia, SC.

A football and a bunch of monkeys.

Government employee(s) been watching Office Space

Mar 28, 2024, 12:39 PM

As probable a cause as any.

https://youtu.be/yZjCQ3T5yXo?si=t23cPMsbl-swX7Kp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was the first thing i thought of as well!

Mar 28, 2024, 1:08 PM

Somebody must have misplaced a decimal point!

Replies: 28
| visibility 3,101
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic