Clemson 2016 running back commit Tavien Feaster ran a 4.34 laser timed 40-yard dash on Sunday at the Nike Combine in Columbus Ohio.
Feaster was invited to Nike's The Opening Camp in Beaverton, Oregon after his performance along with 9 other prospects.
To show how truly fast that 4.34 time is, here are the top 4 official overall times at the recent 2015 NFL combine.
1. UAB WR J.J. Nelson: 4.28
2. Michigan St. CB Trae Waynes: 4.31
3. Miami WR Phillip Dorsett: 4.33
4. Georgia WR Chris Conley: 4.35
4. West Virginia WR Kevin White: 4.35
1. Michigan St.'s Jeremy Langford: 4.42
2. Florida St.'s Karlos Williams: 4.48
3. Texas A&M's Trey Williams: 4.49
4. Northern Iowa's David Johnson: 4.50
5. Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon: 4.52
Feaster is right up there with former Clemson legend C.J. Spiller with pure speed. Spiller ran an official 4.37 40-yard dash in the 2010 NFL Combine and had track times of 60 meters (6.67), 100m (10.22) and 200m (20.91).
As a junior on the gridiron, Feaster had 133 carries for 1153 yards and fifteen touchdowns and 45 receptions for 1016 yds and eleven touchdowns despite having an injured shoulder for most of the year. In the 2014 state title game, he rushed for 130 yards and two touchdowns on 26 carries. He also had five receptions for 132 yards and a touchdown and a 44 yard interception return. He was the state champion in the 100 meter dash (10.59) and 200 (21.29). As a sophomore, he had 171 carries for 1429 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground and 44 receptions for 723 yards and 12 touchdowns.