Corner Commits To Clemson
According to sources at Stratford High School, defensive back Hadrian Lewis committed to Clemson on Wednesday afternoon. Lewis is the sixth commitment for the Tigers in the 2005 recruiting class.
This commitment is significant for several reasons. First the Clemson staff got a close look at Lewis on two occasions. They had him at camp after his sophomore season and liked him enough to offer him then. Clemson stayed on top of his recruiting and then again had a chance to see him at camp this year.
Secondly, this is an area of need in this class. Justin Miller and Tye Hill are both upperclassmen and in today’s game you have to have corners. Lewis is also a big corner at over 6 foot tall.
Clemson also continues to work hard in the lower part of the state. Ray Stackley is one of the best coaches in the state and his Stratford program produces a lot of college talent, but Clemson has not been able to get any players from the school in recent years. However, it appears Burton Burns' relentless efforts in the low country have started to pay off.
We will have a full interview with Lewis later on tonight.
1. OL Barry Humphries 6-3, 291, 4.9 Belton-Honea Path (5/25)
2. WR Tyler Grisham 5-11, 185, 4.4 Hoover, AL (6/10)
3. WR Rendrick Taylor 6-2, 210, 4.4 Marlboro County (6/11)
4. RB Tony Nelson 5-10, 190, 4.45 Germantown, MD (6/20)
5. TE Paul Muse 6-5, 245 Jacksonville, FL (7/9)
6. DB Hadrian Lewis 6-1, 175, 4.45 Goose Creek, SC Stratford HS (7/14)
View more information on this prospect: TigerNet's Haydrian Lewis Recruiting Profile
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||