Tigers to Face Gardner-Webb in Paradise Jam
Ajukwa has the potential to be a solid player for the Tigers.
Clemson (1-1) vs. Gardner-Webb (1-1)
Date: Friday, Nov. 21
Tipoff: 1:30 p.m.
Arena: USVI Sports & Fitness Center
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
• Clemson returns to the Paradise Jam for the third time in school history. The Tigers last played in the event in 2010, Brad Brownell’s first season.
• The Tigers have a record of 4-2 in the event with an appearance in the 2001 championship game against Miami (Fla.)
• Clemson faces the Runnin’ Bulldogs of Gardner-Webb in the opening round, the second straight opponent the Tigers play out of the Big South Conference.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 4-0
Streak: Clemson has won all four previous meetings
• The Tigers look to rebound from a tough three-point defeat to in-state foe Winthrop. Clemson gave up 77 points and shot just 23 percent from three and 58 percent at the free throw line in the loss.
• The winner of Friday’s opening round contest takes on the winner of the Nevada vs. Seton Hall matchup. The winner’s bracket is set for Sunday and loser’s bracket games are held Saturday.
• Clemson has won 25 regular season tournaments, most recently the inaugural Charleston Classic in 2008.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#12 6-1, 205
View Full Profile played his 100th game Monday vs. Winthrop, and fellow senior Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 205
View Full Profile will reach the century mark in Friday’s contest.
• Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 255
View Full Profile has established a career high for points scored in two straight games to open the season (15 vs. Florida A&M, 19 vs. Winthrop).
• Donte GranthamDonte Grantham
#15 6-8, 205
View Full Profile has 25 points through two games, most by a Tiger freshman through his first two games since Terrence Oglesby posted the same total in the first two contests of 2007-08.