Tigers host two Midweek Games
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers begin their third straight five-game week with home midweek games versus Western Carolina (Tuesday) and Gardner-Webb (Wednesday).
• Who - Western Carolina (15-16) & Gardner-Webb (17-19) vs. Clemson (18-18)
• Rankings - WCU - NR; GWU - NR; CU - NR
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.), Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Tuesday) - Any IPTAY Tiger Cub Club member who presents their Tiger Cub ID receives free admission with a paying adult.
• Promotion (Wednesday) - Purchase one adult-seat ticket and receive an additional reserved-seat ticket free of charge.
SERIES HISTORY (WESTERN CAROLINA)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 58-16 (1974-15)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 40-5 (1974-14)
SERIES HISTORY (GARDNER-WEBB)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 9-0 (1975-13)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 8-0 (1975-13)
• Tuesday - LHP Brendan Nail (WCU) vs. RHP Jake LongJake Long
RS Sr. RH Pitcher
#39 6-0, 190
View Full Profile (CU)
• Wednesday - RHP Jeremy Walker (GWU) vs. RHP Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
Jr. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 205
View Full Profile (CU)
• Clemson won two of three games at Boston College over the weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.9 runs per game and hitting .280 with a .367 on-base percentage and 42 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 3.80 ERA, .257 opponents’ batting average and 2.57 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .963.
WESTERN CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Western Carolina is led by eighth-year head coach Bobby Moranda.
• The Catamounts won one of three games at Mercer over the weekend. They are hitting .297 and have a 6.07 ERA and .957 fielding percentage.
• Bradley Strong is hitting .392 with 13 doubles, four triples, two homers, 34 RBIs and 17 stolen bases.
• Gardner-Webb is led by 13th-year head coach Rusty Stroupe.
• The Runnin’ Bulldogs were swept at Charleston Southern last weekend. They are hitting .245 and have a 4.04 ERA and .970 fielding percentage.
• Ryan Hodge is hitting .313 with 10 doubles, two homers, 18 RBIs and 10 steals, while Sam Fulginiti is batting .295 with 20 RBIs.
• Clemson is 6-5 in its last 11 games. All five of those losses were by one run.
• Clemson is scheduled to play its last 20 regular-season games in the states of South Carolina, Georgia or Florida.
• Head coach Jack Leggett served as the head coach at Western Carolina for nine seasons from 1983-91.
READY IN A PINCH
• Clemson has had a steady lineup most of the season, but the players who have been called upon off the bench have performed well.
• Ten Tigers have come off the bench in the field in 2015, and those 10 have combined to hit .333 (18-for-54) with seven doubles and 12 RBIs.
• Drew WhartonDrew Wharton
#13 6-2, 190
View Full Profile is 4-for-7 (.571) with a double, four RBIs and two runs off the bench.
• Robert JollyRobert Jolly
#12 5-9, 195
Myrtle Beach, SC
View Full Profile is 4-for-9 (.444) with a double, three RBIs and three runs off the bench.
• Glenn BatsonGlenn Batson
So. 3rd Base
#15 6-2, 205
View Full Profile is 3-for-10 with three doubles and four RBIs off the bench.