Tigers hit road to face Chanticleers
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to Conway, S.C. for the first time since 1994 to face Coastal Carolina on Tuesday evening.
• Who - Clemson (9-9) vs. Coastal Carolina (13-6)
• Rankings - CU - NR; CCU - NR
• When - Tuesday (6 p.m.)
• Where - Conway, S.C. (Springs Brooks Stadium)
• Watch - Big South Network
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 43-8 (1986-14)
• Record at Coastal Carolina - Clemson leads 10-2 (1986-07)
• Notre Dame defeated Clemson twice in three games at Doug Kingsmore Stadium last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.4 runs per game and hitting .289 with a .371 on-base percentage and 17 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.75 ERA, .247 opponents’ batting average and 2.69 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .959.
COASTAL CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Coastal Carolina is led by 20th-year Head Coach Gary Gilmore.
• The Chanticleers have won four games in a row. They are hitting .254 and have a 4.09 ERA and .967 fielding percentage.
• Anthony Marks is hitting a team-high .338 with five doubles, one triple, 10 RBIs and a team-high eight stolen bases.
• Clemson is 9-1 when it outhits its opponents.
• Eight Tigers have come off the bench in the field, and those eight have combined to go 9-for-25 (.360) off the bench.
• Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-2, 195
View Full Profile and Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-1, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile have both reached base in 20 straight games, which includes the last two games of the 2014 season.
WHITE ADDING AVERAGE
• Sophomore infielder Eli WhiteEli White
#4 6-2, 185
View Full Profile has been the starting shortstop all year thanks in part to his strong arm, but he is also solid at the plate.
• He is batting .303, third-best on the team, with four doubles, one triple and three steals in 18 games.
• He is hitting .333 with runners on base and .400 with runners in scoring position.
• He has hit safely in 14 of the last 17 games.