Tigers face Georgia Tech in Atlanta
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travels to Atlanta to face Georgia Tech in their last three games before final exams next week.
• Who - Clemson (22-19, 11-9 ACC) vs. Georgia Tech (24-16, 9-12 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - NR; GAT - NR
• When - Friday (7 p.m.), Saturday (1 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Atlanta, Ga. (Russ Chandler Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3, RSN (Saturday)
• TV Announcers - Dan Bonner (Saturday), Wes Durham (Saturday), Brandon Gaudin (Friday, Sunday), Roddy Jones (Friday, Sunday)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 107-104-3 (1902-2014)
• Record at Georgia Tech - Georgia Tech leads 71-41-2 (1902-2012)
• Friday - LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
Jr. LH Pitcher
#44 6-0, 210
View Full Profile (CU) vs. LHP Jonathan King (GAT)
• Saturday - LHP Zack ErwinZack Erwin
Jr. LH Pitcher
#33 6-5, 195
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Cole Pitts (GAT)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. RHP Brandon Gold (GAT)
• Clemson, who has won five of its last six games, fell at Georgia on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.1 runs per game and hitting .278 with a .365 on-base percentage and 42 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.64 ERA, .249 opponents’ batting average and 2.50 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .962.
GEORGIA TECH OVERVIEW
• Georgia Tech is led by 22nd-year head coach Danny Hall.
• The Yellow Jackets fell at home to Kennesaw State on Tuesday. They are hitting .278 and have a 4.21 ERA and .973 fielding percentage.
• Kel Johnson is hitting .349 with seven homers and 26 RBIs, while Keenan Innis is batting .333. A.J. Murray as a team-high nine homers.
• Clemson has 2,699 all-time wins, ninth-most in history among programs at the Division I level.
• Clemson did not face Georgia Tech during the 2014 regular season, but the Yellow Jackets downed the Tigers 3-0 in the ACC Tournament.
• Seven Tigers, including Clemson’s first two starting pitchers (Matthew Crownover, Zack Erwin) this weekend, are from the state of Georgia.
SCHMIDT PROVIDING RELIEF
• Junior righthander Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
Jr. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 205
View Full Profile has made the most of his role as a long reliever and spot starter in the 2015 season.
• He is 1-1 with a 2.79 ERA and .240 opponents’ batting in 42.0 innings pitched over 12 appearances (four starts).
• Clemson has a 3-1 record in his four starts.
• In his eight relief appearances, he has a 2.12 ERA and .233 opponents’ batting average in 17.0 innings pitched.
• In ACC regular-season games, he has a 2.38 ERA and .225 opponents’ batting average in 11.1 innings pitched over five relief appearances.
• In his career, he has a 4.01 ERA and 101 strikeouts in 163.2 innings pitched over 48 appearances (23 starts).