Tigers Travel to Western Carolina
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers wrap up their five-game road swing at Western Carolina on Tuesday.
• Who - Clemson (11-11) vs. Western Carolina (9-11)
• Rankings - CU - NR; WCU - NR
• When - Tuesday (5 p.m.)
• Where - Cullowhee, N.C. (Hennon Stadium)
• Watch - SoCon Digital Network
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 57-16 (1974-14)
• Record at Western Carolina - Clemson leads 16-11 (1979-14)
• Clemson won two of three games at Virginia Tech last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.7 runs per game and hitting .286 with a .368 on-base percentage and 24 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 3.89 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average and 2.64 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .965.
WESTERN CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Western Carolina is led by eighth-year Head Coach Bobby Moranda.
• The Catamounts won one of three games at UNC Greensboro. They are hitting .286 and have a 6.10 ERA and .954 fielding percentage.
• Bradley Strong is hitting .357 with nine doubles, two triples, one homer, 23 RBIs and 16 stolen bases.
• Clemson’s 4-0 win in 10 innings at Virginia Tech on Friday was the first time since 1972 the Tigers pitched a double-digit-inning shutout.
• Clemson committed just one error in the Virginia Tech series, and that one was by a Tiger outfielder.
• Clemson Head Coach Jack Leggett served as the head coach at Western Carolina for nine seasons from 1983-91.
OKEY PRODUCING RUNS
• Sophomore catcher Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 5-11, 195
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile is following up his first year, which saw him among the team leaders in RBIs, with a team-high 18 RBIs in 2015.
• He was named to the Johnny Bench Award Watch List in the first half of the season. The award goes to the nation’s best catcher.
• He is hitting .277 with seven doubles, one triple, three homers, 18 RBIs, 15 runs and one steal in 22 games.
• In ACC games, he is hitting .343 with six doubles, one homer, nine RBIs and seven runs in nine games.
• With two outs in the 10th inning at Virginia Tech on March 20, he blasted a grand slam to give Clemson a 4-0 win.
• In his career, he is hitting .256 with 16 doubles, two triples, seven homers, 59 RBIs, 42 runs and four steals in starting all 83 games.