Notes on ESPN College GameDay to Clemson
ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest running and most celebrated pregame show – will return to the campus of Clemson University in Clemson, S.C., for the fourth time Saturday, Oct. 3. The Emmy Award-winning show – Saturday from 9 a.m.-noon on ESPN from Bowman Field – is the precursor for the Saturday Night Football on ABC presented by Wells Fargo matchup between No. 6 Notre Dame and No. 12 Clemson at 8 p.m.
Host Rece Davis – in his first season at the College GameDay desk – is joined by analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski.
College Football Live will originate from the College GameDay set Friday, Sept. 25, at 2 p.m. on ESPN with Ponder, Howard and Pollack at the desk.
College GameDay features:
· When college football coaches go from stoic figures on the sidelines, to dancing fools in the locker-rooms! ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi reports on “The After Party.”
· Known as the nephew of Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, the junior college transfer has overcome off-field troubles to lead the Ole Miss offense. ESPN’s Gene Wojciechowski reports on Ole Miss’ Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS Fr. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile.
· How Stanford's football program uses virtual reality and are on the verge of transforming how quarterback’s prepare. ESPN’s Sam Ponder reports on “When Football Meets Silicon Valley.”
College GameDay Fun Facts:
· Home teams have lost the last two weeks at the GameDay site. The last time the home team lost three straight weeks was week 6 - 8 in 2013 – the team which lost that third game was Clemson – a 51-14 to eventual national champion Florida State.
· Corso has now lost his last three headgear picks – the first time since 2009 in the same season.
· This is the 17th time Notre Dame has been involved in a GameDay location as a true road team – the most by any team. The Irish are 7-9 in the previous 16.
· This is the 26th time GameDay has originated from a Notre Dame game, ranking sixth behind Alabama (34), Florida (34), Ohio State (33), Florida State (31), Oklahoma (29).
· Corso is 2-4 in headgear picks when picking Notre Dame and is 9-5 when picking against the Irish.
· Corso has picked against Clemson five times, has been right four times (three of those five games were Clemson-Florida State matchups); he has picked Clemson twice and is 1-1.