Get your pic taken with National Championship trophy at Walmart
|Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:39 PM-|
WHAT: The National Championship Trophy presented by Dr Pepper, which was awarded to the Clemson Tigers as national college football champions, will be on display at Walmart Supercenters in Central and Easley this week. Fans will be able to view and have their photo taken with the brand new 24k gold trophy that was presented on the field on Monday night.
WHEN / WHERE: Thursday, January 12 Walmart #3222 1286 Eighteen Mile Road Central, S.C. 4 – 7 pm Friday, January 13 Walmart #631 115 Rolling Hills Circle Easley, S.C.
WHEN / WHERE:
Thursday, January 12
1286 Eighteen Mile Road
4 – 7 pm
Friday, January 13
115 Rolling Hills Circle
4 - 7 pm
* This is the actual National Championship Trophy awarded on the field at the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on Monday in Tampa, Fla.
* The trophy is concluding its season long tour, visiting marquee games and public events nationwide. It attended two Clemson games this season (Louisville and Ohio State) prior to the national championship game.
Handmade from 24k gold, bronze and stainless steel, the trophy is 26.5 inches tall.
* The trophy is handcrafted by the master fine art foundry Polich Tallix in Rock Tavern, New York. Expert craftsmen worked three months to craft the trophy.
* Every year, a new trophy will be made. Each winning school keeps The National Championship Trophy for permanent display on campus.
* As presenting sponsor of the National Championship Trophy, Dr Pepper has partnered with Walmart to host the free fan photo opportunities this week.
* Fans are asked to arrive early for the photo ops as the trophy will need to leave the stores at 7 pm.