ESPN GameDay picks for Clemson-ND
|2015-10-03 12:05:16.0- -||
Three ESPN analysts picked Notre Dame to beat Clemson on Saturday night.
Desmond Howard picked Notre Dame in a close game. "I think the most dynamic player on the field tonight will be No. 4 for Clemson - Deshaun Watson," Howard said. "The problem is how is that surgically repaired knee. We have not seen him test that knee on designed runs yet. He is the neutralizer. I think if he plays well Clemson can win. I don't think they are going to run him a lot tonight. So I think Notre Dame's defense will step up. The Fighting Irish will win a close game in the rain against Clemson."
- Lee Corso picked Notre Dame and wore a Notre Dame leprechaun suit.
- Kirk Herbstreit did not pick cause he is working the game.
- Celebrity guest picker Jim Cantore picked Clemson in a very rainy game.
David Pollack picked Notre Dame.
"Clemson is great," ESPN David Pollack said. "Deshaun Watson is a top 10 talent. One of the best atmospheres in college football. But Notre Dame is going to win the game.
Notre Dame's offensive line like Coach (Corso) talked about," Pollack said. "Notre Dame's defense in the front seven (will be the difference.) I think the weakness that needs to get stronger, needs to continue to get better for Clemson is their offensive line. I think becuase of that and because of the wet conditions the Irish continue to win and maybe pop up in that top four next week."
ESPN GameDay notes
· Home teams have lost the last two weeks at the GameDay site. The last time the home team lost three straight weeks was week 6 - 8 in 2013 – the team which lost that third game was Clemson – a 51-14 to eventual national champion Florida State.
· Corso has now lost his last three headgear picks – the first time since 2009 in the same season.
· This is the 17th time Notre Dame has been involved in a GameDay location as a true road team – the most by any team. The Irish are 7-9 in the previous 16.
· This is the 26th time GameDay has originated from a Notre Dame game, ranking sixth behind Alabama (34), Florida (34), Ohio State (33), Florida State (31), Oklahoma (29).
· Corso is 2-4 in headgear picks when picking Notre Dame and is 9-5 when picking against the Irish.
· Corso has picked against Clemson five times, has been right four times (three of those five games were Clemson-Florida State matchups); he has picked Clemson twice and is 1-1.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||