Clemson to play Syracuse on Saturday
Clemson (9-7, 1-3 ACC) vs. Syracuse (13-4, 4-0 ACC)
Date: Saturday, Jan. 17
Tipoff: 4:01 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Tom Werme-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is in search of its fourth top-100 RPI win of the season Saturday. The Tigers have claimed wins over Arkansas (15), LSU (36) and Pittsburgh (81) already this season.
• This is Syracuse’s first game in Littlejohn Coliseum since the 2007 NIT quarterinals, when Clemson won 74-70.
• Saturday’s game is the first of two games in just over 48 hours. The Tigers take on Florida State at 9 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 19.
CU Series W-L record: Syracuse leads 2-1
Streak: Syracuse won the most recent meeting
• For the third time in five games to open the ACC regular season, Clemson faces a team coached by an active member of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame. Jim Boeheim was inducted in 2005.
• When the Tigers face Boeheim’s Syracuse team Saturday, they will have played all five of the active Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame college coaches over the last 22 games dating to the 2013-14 season.
• Clemson’s first five ACC opponents have an 81.3 winning percentage (13-3 record) in games not involving the Tigers. That winning percentage is the highest such mark in the ACC.
• The Tigers have out-rebounded their last three opponents, including +17 over Pittsburgh on Jan. 10.
• Jaron Blossomgame saw a 13-game streak of double-figure scoring snapped in Clemson’s loss at Virginia, but the sophomore still led the Tigers with nine points and 10 rebounds, his seventh double-figure effort on the boards.
• Rod Hall needs two assists to move to 11th on Clemson’s all-time list.