Clemson to host Stetson in season opener Friday
CLEMSON vs. STETSON
(0-0, 0-0 ACC) (0-0, 0-0 A-Sun)
Tipoff: 7:00 PM
Web: ESPN3 (Roy Philpott-pbp; Nate Ross-color)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
• Earliest date to open regular season in school history; the previous earliest was Nov. 10, 2006 vs. Arkansas State.
• Friday’s game against Stetson will be the first meeting between the two schools since 1998-99, and the seventh in the series. Clemson leads the series all-time 6-0.
• Clemson’s first three games are at home, the first time since 2005-06 the Tigers have opened with a three-game homestand.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 6-0
Streak: Clemson has won six straight in the series
• Stetson Head Coach Corey Williams is familiar with the Clemson program. He spent the last six seasons as an assistant coach at Florida State under Leonard Hamilton.
• For the fourth straight season - all under Brad Brownell - the Tigers must replace their leading scorer from the previous campaign. Devin BookerDevin Booker
#31 6-8, 250
View Full Profile led last year’s team at 13.1 points per game. Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile was the last player to lead the Tigers in scoring in consecutive seasons (2008-09, 2009-10).
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile is Clemson’s leading returning scorer, rebounder and shot-blocker. He led the ACC with 2.0 blocks per game last season, the first Tiger since Sharone WrightSharone Wright
#34 6-11, 260
View Full Profile in 1993-94 to lead the league in the category.
• Clemson won its only public exhibition on Nov. 1, a 98-44 triumph over Francis Marion from the Division II ranks
• Friday’s game will be Teacher Appreciation Night. All educators, including teachers and administrators, will be admitted free with a valid ID.