Clemson to face LSU in Paradise Jam on Monday
Grantham looks to be a promising young talent for the Tigers.
Clemson (2-2) vs. LSU (3-1)
Date: Monday, Nov. 24
Tipoff: 4 p.m. ET
Arena: USVI Sports & Fitness Center
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
• Clemson and LSU engage in a battle of ACC & SEC Tigers on Monday in the consolation side of the Paradise Jam.
• This is the first matchup between the two schools since Dec. 20, 1969, when “Pistol” Pete Maravich posted 49 points in a 111-103 win for LSU. Maravich, of course, grew up in Clemson when his father Press was coaching the Tigers from 1956-62.
• With LSU’s addition to the schedule, Clemson now faces four SEC teams in 2014-15, most SEC teams faced since 2007-08.
CU Series W-L record:
LSU leads 3-2
Streak: LSU has won the last three meetings
• Clemson coach Brad Brownell and LSU’s Johnny Jones have faced one another previously. The two coaches split when Brownell was at UNC Wilmington and Jones was at North Texas, with Jones’ team winning in 2004 and Brownell’s group returning the favor the following year.
• Both teams have faced Gardner-Webb this season. Clemson fell to the Bulldogs, 72-70, while LSU won at home 93-82 after trailing at halftime.
• Clemson would move to 2-1 for a third consecutive in regular season tournament play with a win Monday. The Tigers were 2-1 in the 2012 Old Spice Classic and 2013 Charleston Classic.
• Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 255
View Full Profile continues to pace the Tigers offensively and has been in double figures all four games, a career-long streak for the junior.